Fiamm Mini blaster not working!

R800

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Before the comments start about my "horn" being broken, iv heard it all before!!! :)

Anyway, installed the above by cutting into the wires of the standard horn and crimping on spades. It works initially and then stops completely. Next time I go to the bike it might work once or twice and stop again.

I got another mini blaster from nippys and the same thing happening...
Where am I going wrong? My basic knowledge has run out a long time ago...

Cheers for any advice

The horn is drawing around 5amp which trips the canbus, lots of threads posted on this site regarding this. Either find a horn that draws less than 5amp or fit a relay to draw power direct from the battery thus bypassing the canbus.

IT NEEDS TO BE WIRED IN VIA A RELAY..... :blast oh, that's already been advised. :augie :D ;)

Or a HexEZCan... if you don’t want to buy one of those, you can make the “same thing” for about £12... apparently.

:D
:thumb2
:bounce1

All the above comments are correct. Relay is cheapest solution

Phill I've got a fiamm blaster lookalike horn wired through a relay setup for yes the golden figure £12. Hey but if you've got money to spare feel free to go for the HexEZcan I would just spend my spare cash on trips or fuel but who am I say what or where to spend your free cash on

Why would you want to spend upwards of £200 when a £3.00 relay will work admirably - that is what I fitted with my Stebel Nautilus.

Works a treat..

A relay is a simple solution, though it needs a fused supply from the battery, which is fine if it's the only accessory you want to fit. However, where the other systems come into their own is if you have multiple accessories to provide power to. I use a Fuzeblock (about £70), so I only have to provide one 30A fused supply from the battery to the Fuzeblock, and a connection to an ignition switched supply to switch it on, then every accessory is powered from there with its own suitably rated fuse. The horn relay for my Denali Soundbomb is powered from the Fuzeblock, though in the case of a horn you also need to get a connection from the existing horn circuit to switch the relay on whenever the horn button is pressed. I would suggest leaving the existing horn in place and fitting the other one elsewhere which means you have a backup, as aftermarket horns are not always that reliable, plus having them both operate together means you get an even louder two tone horn!

A relay is a simple solution, though it needs a fused supply from the battery, which is fine if it's the only accessory you want to fit. However, where the other systems come into their own is if you have multiple accessories to provide power to. I use a Fuzeblock (about £70), so I only have to provide one 30A fused supply from the battery to the Fuzeblock, and a connection to an ignition switched supply to switch it on, then every accessory is powered from there with its own suitably rated fuse. The horn relay for my Denali Soundbomb is powered from the Fuzeblock, though in the case of a horn you also need to get a connection from the existing horn circuit to switch the relay on whenever the horn button is pressed. I would suggest leaving the existing horn in place and fitting the other one elsewhere which means you have a backup, as aftermarket horns are not always that reliable, plus having them both operate together means you get an even louder two tone horn!

You're wasting your time mate.

You're wasting your time mate.

Have you looked at this in any detail - thought not.

I have a Fuzeblock too - however maximum current draw per circuit is 10amps - the Stebel takes 18 amps. You therefore require a separate power feed.

The Fuzeblock I have fitted powers other circuits.

My £3 relay does the job, I do not need to spend £200 to power the horn.

Have you looked at this in any detail - thought not.

I have a Fuzeblock too - however maximum current draw per circuit is 10amps - the Stebel takes 18 amps. You therefore require a separate power feed.

The Fuzeblock I have fitted powers other circuits.

My £3 relay does the job, I do not need to spend £200 to power the horn.

:blagblah :blagblah :blagblah :blagblah :blagblah :blagblah

Mr fredarooney I met someone like you who knew it all ( well a few actually) only he didn't and mucked up a whole days production because he thought he knew it all. The Ruskies in the factory didn't think so either, oh he didn't learn and was given the heave ho. Mr Bean your right it does work though you might have to up the fuse rating.

Mr fredarooney I met someone like you who knew it all ( well a few actually) only he didn't and mucked up a whole days production because he thought he knew it all. The Ruskies in the factory didn't think so either, oh he didn't learn and was given the heave ho. Mr Bean your right it does work though you might have to up the fuse rating.

What are you blabbing on about exactly?

Back
Top Bottom