Alarm for Home/Garage (wireless)

Deleted account 200417001

Reaction score
I am after a little help with what type of alarm to buy for the garage.

Ideally I would want a home/garage alarm that can be zoned.

The reach needs to be fairly long, I live in a thick walled house, and the garage is not connected to the house, about 10m from the outside wall.

It needs to be fairly easy to install or use.

The quotes for a professional installation are as you say crackers. So a DIY wireless would be better.

Any suggestions? At present I have just a small PIR shed alarm and an Alarm mine. (as well as chains anchors etc).

You might be better posting this request in another area for more views but this is what I use:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/yale-hsa6200-wireless-alarm-kit/97114

It's only basic, but makes a lot of noise and is at least a recognised brand (Yale). Range wise it states 30 meters and it certainly reached a shed I have which sits 20 meters down my garden.
I use one of the PIRs in the shed, one in the garage as well as the wireless magnetic switch on the garage doors. 18 months and all the batteries are still good. I'm in and out of the garage all the time arming and disarming it.
The only extra I bought was a keyless remote for which is easily paired with it.
The alarm bell unit has all the usual anti tamper things.
Basic but reliable security for £109, but like you this is just the first line of defence :thumb
I like the simplicity, no wifi or autodial to be hacked or go wrong.

You might be better posting this request in another area for more views but this is what I use:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/yale-hsa6200-wireless-alarm-kit/97114

It's only basic, but makes a lot of noise and is at least a recognised brand (Yale). Range wise it states 30 meters and it certainly reached a shed I have which sits 20 meters down my garden.
I use one of the PIRs in the shed, one in the garage as well as the wireless magnetic switch on the garage doors. 18 months and all the batteries are still good. I'm in and out of the garage all the time arming and disarming it.
The only extra I bought was a keyless remote for which is easily paired with it.
The alarm bell unit has all the usual anti tamper things.
Basic but reliable security for £109, but like you this is just the first line of defence :thumb
I like the simplicity, no wifi or autodial to be hacked or go wrong.

Thanks, what is the range of the key fob, does it work outside?

Just done about 10meters through 2 walls no problem.
You don't get an internal chirp to show it's armed, only the external alarm chirps. The fob does have an led so you know you have pressed the button though.

Resurrecting this post...

https://www.screwfix.com/p/yale-hsa6...larm-kit/97114

I was looking for something similar and this looks ideal.
Is there any of these battery operated alarms that would call via a SIM card instead of landline (I've seen that the Yale 6400 series makes calls)?

Ive just fitted the Yale wireless unit to my garage and two sheds situated behind. Left the PIRs out of the sheds in case the spiders activated them. Magnetic switches on the doors. Garage covered by PIR and magnetic switch on side door as entry/exit point.
Impressed by the wireless range although well less than 30m the signal was having to pass though a double skinned wall to reach control box.
Reasonably easy to set up, just take your time with the instructions.

Back
Top Bottom