Anyone fitted Barkbuster Blizzard hand guards to a 2010 F650GS?

Marjie

Reaction score
I fancy fitting the blizzard handguards to make winter runs a bit more comfortable. I have BMW handguards fitted at present. Does anyone know if the blizzards can be fitted over the BMW handguard wishbones?
Marjie

I fancy fitting the blizzard handguards to make winter runs a bit more comfortable. I have BMW handguards fitted at present. Does anyone know if the blizzards can be fitted over the BMW handguard wishbones?
Marjie

Cant comment on the BMW wishbones, but I have Blizzards fitted on an F650 twin and love them. Keeps rain off , boosts effects of the heated grips and can be fitted or removed in 10 mins

I had some Tucano muffs fitted to mine & although I found them slightly bulky, they were fantastic. Made a late September trip to Scotland wearing my summer gloves. Those fitted over BMW hand guards.
Those Blizzard's look very smart and I'm sure you'd find a big difference in keeping hands warm :)

Simple answer: Yes.
Fuller answer: the Blizzard hand guards can be fitted with the standard 'wishbones' in place but you may need to swap the bar end bolts for the ones supplied with the hand guards.

To those that are using these BarkBuster Blizzards ... any good or bad bits on using them?
Looking at getting a pair rather than using my Tucanos.
Thanks.

Thanks for the replies.
I think I'm going to order some. My hands really suffer in winter even with the BMW handguards.

To those that are using these BarkBuster Blizzards ... any good or bad bits on using them?
Looking at getting a pair rather than using my Tucanos.
Thanks.

Did 2800 miles with them over 3 weeks this summer. On days when it poured down hands were dry in summer gloves. Only issue is when you stop rain runs down your arms. Kept straight only adjusted the lhs one once because I caught it at a fuel station and it Moved down slightly.

Im pleased with mine, heated grips feel warm faster as there is no wind blast robbing the heat.

Steve

I had some Tucano muffs fitted to mine & although I found them slightly bulky, they were fantastic. Made a late September trip to Scotland wearing my summer gloves. Those fitted over BMW hand guards.
Those Blizzard's look very smart and I'm sure you'd find a big difference in keeping hands warm :)

+ 1. I have the same set up for the not so good weather.

Blizzards….Expensive for what they are really.
I've got both the tucano muffs and the blizzards.

Muffs perform best as they are fully enclosed I use light summer gloves whatever the weather. Earlier versions - you can't see the switches etc, but perfectly ok so long as you concentrate.

Blizzards perform well when you're under way, but use winter gloves.

In my mind Blizzards not worth more than double what the muffs cost.

Back
Top Bottom