Front ABS sensor stuck fast

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Typical,

Trying to remove the front ABS sensor to swap to the rear, and its stuck fast

ive tried using some penatrating fluid, and a bit of judicious shock therapy, but it's not moving

ive tried grips, the screw mount flexes, but i dont want to use to much force, as its looking

fragile in that area to start with. I tried a screwdriver between the reuctor ring and sensor

tip, but thats only going to end in tears.

I dont really want to tale the front wheel off, but will if thats the last option.

i did think of some water pump pliers to give it a turn, but dont want to fubar the sensor,

otherwise my efforts have been in vain ...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The bikes is servoectomised , so all normal front back sensor stuff does not work

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The only other option, I can see is to cut the wires and splice a longer patch lead in, and run

it to the rear feed

Anyone know a foolproof way to get the bugger out?

Have you tried warming it up?

Either with a hot air gun (but one with heat control - so you can use it on a low heat setting) or boiling water from a kettle. The idea being to expand the metal surround just enough. And with all the stuff you've put in there, it might work.

Went for a cut and splice to the rear connector in the end.

Not the most expediant, or pretty, but appeard to work ... not!

Same symptoms as before - igntion on speedo works ---

start engine - speedo dosent work..

Stop engine and restart --

speedo works

Not sure of what else to look at now

Mine was stuck solid as well ,used heat ,spray, tapping it with small hammer and bit of wood .in the end I rigged a small clamp up and pressed it out 😊came out easily then .used marine grease when it went back in 🖒🖒

No point taking it out at the moment,

I need to figure why its intermittant :(

If the speedo works after about 5 minutes, problem is with the rear wheel sensor. The front sensor has to be ok or the speedo would never work at all.

Back
Top Bottom