Indicator switch question

longdog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was just wondering in which year did BMW make the change to the conventional indicator switch on the R1200GS?

Changed on the wc bikes 2013? None of the hexheads ever changed even though the adventure was still made after this year

If the silly three lever system annoys you, turn the RHS towards you. The RH indicator paddle will be out of sight but easy to reach. The off paddle will be much easier to reach.

Who knows why BMW had to stick with such a daft system for so long. A on/off toggle switch on each side would be fine but Oh no, that's far too simple.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a brilliant set up?

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

It's a brilliant system which works well once you get used to it. BMW caved in to all those clowns in the media who used to bitch about it on every test.

How simple does it need to be for them.......push left to go left......... push right to go right.......... and....... I've only just copped that they're self cancelling!!

Sent from a OnePlusX.

The only trouble I find is that when I take one of my other bikes out I frequently toot my horn when turning left. Apart front that I don't have a problem with the switches on the gsa.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

If it had been on and off on the same paddle I would agree. But in traffic when you need to indicate properly, the cancel on the right is a pain in the arse.
You "can" wait for the self cancel but that can be a long time in traffic.

There was no need to follow the herd and use the daft little left-right-push buttons the Japanese fit.

Saying that, I still prefer the Japanese style dip switch. So much easier than fumbling for a thumb switch.

Back
Top Bottom