Triumph enter the fleet

Big Den

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After finding myself with 4 Honda's I have parted with two and will be welcoming a Speed Triple 94R into the shed in the next few days, it was a toss up between a 1200 Thruxton in white or the triple in lairy special edition yellow. It was the ohlins and memories of the fun I had on one for a few weeks a few years back that swung it, also the fact I only lasted 3 weeks with my previous (900) Thruxton, I know its a totally different bike but I did not like it at all, a mate said you will soon get bored of the Thruxton which could be true, think I will have one one day though.

Well time to dig out all the old Triumph gear that's been sat in the wardrobe for the last few years :D

Well one day came a week later, I went back and picked up the Thruxton the following Friday, what a bike, I really like it, looks, brakes, handling, sound and performance are bob on. This is the std version the R must be amazing. Hope to get some miles in before the salt comes.

Run

Well got out for a few hours on Sunday and can confirm this is a great bike, Triumph have done a fantastic job on this, it rides brilliantly down the back lanes and will surge out of bends. On the straights it will hold a comfy 80-85 with plenty in hand, few vibes come through over that, I am well impressed especially compared to the previous version I had :D

Attachments

• Thruxton 1200 resize.jpg
    Thruxton 1200 resize.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 323
Well got out for a few hours on Sunday and can confirm this is a great bike, Triumph have done a fantastic job on this, it rides brilliantly down the back lanes and will surge out of bends. On the straights it will hold a comfy 80-85 with plenty in hand, few vibes come through over that, I am well impressed especially compared to the previous version I had :D

I wouldn't leave it parked like that for long :D

I can confirm the Thruxton R is a fab bike, 2000 miles of fun since July, I never tire of riding it - it is so addictive, I hope to commute on it all this week if the weather holds. I will miss it hugely when the roads are salted, it is too beautiful to subject it to that horror.

P.S. Matt black is the coolest, fasted colour :)

Enjoy

But you will be back for the "R" ....

And ignore Engineer ... the grey ones are most sort after :D.... love mine .. 18 months into ownership ... still makes me smile when I look at it

Well, I was on the verge of asking for a p/x price on mine against the Blade Triumph's "R" demo the other day but I just managed to hold off :D

Back
Top Bottom