moving to sunny Greenwich

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Its confirmed (not that anyone really cares....), as of 1/11/17 I will be living and working both in London and Holland. Weekly commute from Rotterdam/The Hague airport to City, staying just across the river in a small flat in Greenwich (hopefully) and catching the DLR to Canary Wharf. I am sure I'm not the only one on this treadmill......
Interested to know if there are any GS hangouts or regular social meets during the week which I could join.

There used to be a classic bike car meet once a month at the market in Greenwich.

Try google the mean old timers. There are a few adventure riders in Greenwich and blackheath.

Ah London City airport. Flies more passengers each day than it has facilities to cope with. Enjoy ��

Ah London City airport. Flies more passengers each day than it has facilities to cope with. Enjoy ��

exactly! couldn't have put it better myself.......and tends to cancel / delay more flights as well......
anyway more looking for a social link than riding at this stage. if all goes well will buy a new bike on UK plates begin 2018 and then try to solve the next conundrum on where to stable it at the weekend.....

Wapping (Richard) lives not a million miles away from there

Everybody on the planet lives not a million miles from Greenwich.

If you don't want to sound like a tourist the correct pronunciation of the town is Grinnidge not Grenitch.

I'm 3 miles away and been known to nip to the tea hut on blackheath common on a Sunday morning just to keep the battery topped up or straight down to eurotunnel 1hr 15min for a day trip to st Valerie

I'm 3 miles away and been known to nip to the tea hut on blackheath common on a Sunday morning just to keep the battery topped up or straight down to eurotunnel 1hr 15min for a day trip to st Valerie

now that sounds like a good idea.......will PM you my details

went to st valerie last weekend as it goes,very nice it was too but i prefer le crotoy on the other side of the inlet

Back
Top Bottom