Sat Nav feed

Pat J

Reaction score
I’ve just got a new sat nav to replace my aging TomTom Rider V2 and want to wire it on my GS. if I use piggy back connectors and take the feed from the positive and negative connections on the side light would this work as I am looking at this as a switched feed so the mount isn’t live all the time.
All help and advice appreciated as usual. 😎

Hi Pat,
Not sure about the 1150 but 800 and 1200 have a supply clipped either under the front or on the 800 under the top tank cover but obviously not on yours. It's a socket which accepts a BMW Canbus plug and gives a supply for your satnav.
The plug to fit is a repair plug part no.83.30.0.413.585. I have just bought one from Chester Motorrad (£12.05 posted) as some BM dealers won't supply it only fit it.
Hope that's pf help..

Yeah I found that plug on both my 1200rt and GS but can’t see anything obvious on the 1150gs

The 1150's don't have that plug fitted, it's only on the newer Canbus bikes. Most connect straight to the battery, well mine is ��

I’ve just got a new sat nav to replace my aging TomTom Rider V2 and want to wire it on my GS. if I use piggy back connectors and take the feed from the positive and negative connections on the side light would this work as I am looking at this as a switched feed so the mount isn’t live all the time.
All help and advice appreciated as usual. ��

Exactly how I had my Garmin 2610 wired, very easy to do. Recently removed the 2610 and I'm going to use the same feed for a USB socket to power my iPhone.

Switched feed for 1150 is under fuse Box, grey wire..........I think..

Switched feed for 1150 is under fuse Box, grey wire..........I think..

I found a grey switched wire tucked below the fuses. Used that to switch a relay which powers a secondary set of fuses in the fusebox.
Those were used to feed various accessories (GPS, Autocom, lights etc.)

Back
Top Bottom