Nav VI - some Countries missing.

BobJ

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I got my Nav VI recently when I changed my bike. According to Garmin Express (and the nav) the Software version is 4.70 and it has full coverage of Europe version 2018.20 installed.
The problem is that on a trip to France last week, it became very apparent fairly early on that France did not feature. The only European country beginning with F on the damn thing was bloody Finland!
Germany is on it, Belgium etc. but I noticed that Spain was also missing.
Before I phone Garmin Support and potentially waste hours of my life that I'll never get back, am I missing something obvious here? The device knew where I was and also correctly identified nearby towns but would not show anything on the sodding map other than the motorcycle icon in the middle of a green screen with zero detail - roads etc.
I've tried reinstalling 2018.20 but it's still the same.
Any help would be appreciated. If you could explain in simple 'Janet & John' terms to a compete IT biff that would also be very much appreciated :thumb2

Check your installed maps. You should have maps marked North and South. If you only have North, that is your problem. This happened to me with the update before the last one, phoned Garmin and another install sorted it.

Been discussed quite about in here run Nav v1 into the search bar. It will show up in that ..

Nutty’s law rears it’s head again.:blast

This has happened to lots of us. Mine showed both north and south but the detailed maps for France ran out on leaving Calais! Have you tried deleting Express and downloading a new version. I have found this often solves problems. For me a new version of Express and another download solved the problem. Or at least as far as I can tell as the original problem was limited to just some sections of the maps missing. Who knows there may be some still missing!

John

Running the latest version of Garmin Express is the answer.

My device said that an update was available, so before I even plugged it in, I updated GE. Then, plugged in the Nav 6, and the update took around 20 minutes. ALL maps, north & south are now loaded.

The way to check you have them is to zoom into any country on the device, and you should see detailed maps & roads for that country.:thumb

Many thanks folks - deleted Garmin Express, reinstalled it and then re-installed maps. Problem solved and Europe north and south now showing in My Maps. Guess I should have checked before my trip but I assumed when the update was completed successfully it had installed both correctly.

Many thanks folks - deleted Garmin Express, reinstalled it and then re-installed maps. Problem solved and Europe north and south now showing in My Maps. Guess I should have checked before my trip but I assumed when the update was completed successfully it had installed both correctly.

Glad its sorted, yes you would think successful meant all is ok, but welcome to Garmin updates. I learnt my lesson to check about 6 years ago, when I ended up in France with no detailed maps.

Running the latest version of Garmin Express is the answer.

My device said that an update was available, so before I even plugged it in, I updated GE. Then, plugged in the Nav 6, and the update took around 20 minutes. ALL maps, north & south are now loaded.

The way to check you have them is to zoom into any country on the device, and you should see detailed maps & roads for that country.:thumb

Wise words bikermate :thumb2 the last thing you would want to do is cock it up and look a bit of a chimp :p

Back
Top Bottom