Adding the Nav V to other bikes.

crotchrocket

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking the Zumo 660 motorcycle mount will accept and charge a Nav V? I'm selling my GSA but would like to keep and use my Nav V.

Is there any merit to getting the BMW 4 button cradle, is it much easier to use than the touch screen? Presumably the connector could be cut off and just wired to the new bike's auxiliary power? the second plug would then become redundant. I take it the 4 buttons don't rely on any bike connection, they are directly tapped into the Nav unit?

Yes to a Zumo 660 mount, nice small powered mount compared to the BMW Mount.

I guess it depends how much room you have on the next bike as to whether you would have room for the larger multi function Nav 4,5 or 6 mount

Yep, I've got a Zumo 660 mount on the KTM which woks with the Nav 5 and 6.:thumb

The only faff is zooming in and out, but it's not really a faff, you just tap the screen. So ignore that comment.:p

Thanks Chaps. I think I need to have a play with the sat nav without the left control wheel and see if its worth getting the 4 button mount for the Africa Twin. That said, I haven't actually found a 660 mount yet, they appear to be discontinued. The BMW 4 button mount is £87 and the 660 about £50

Thanks Chaps. I think I need to have a play with the sat nav without the left control wheel and see if its worth getting the 4 button mount for the Africa Twin. That said, I haven't actually found a 660 mount yet, they appear to be discontinued. The BMW 4 button mount is £87 and the 660 about £50

Just lurk around on that well known Auction site - they come up pretty regularly at around 50% of that if you are feeling lucky, sometimes less. For instance I picked up a BMW branded 660 mount for £32 last Autumn, including the canbus plug thingy. Careful if you need the plug, these sometime get chopped off by lazy furckers de-farkling their trade-in, but Nippy Normans can help icon.

just got hold of the bmw lockable Nav V mount with keys and 2 leads, one presumably for the click wheel (4 wires) looks like it will fit on the AT . Also would be nice to have the wheel function

Back
Top Bottom