Laverda LZ 125 resto.

and theres a bottom end
dedbd871a8e17f98b9214c3526714888.jpg
20b77e98c4b3f14d29612461f78e94ae.jpg
7edeef6a88e01ee983856278b44caec1.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Have you spoken to Richard Slater at Slater Laverda? He’s a mine of information and I think I am right in saying that if yours is a UK bike it must have passed through his hands as the UK concessionaire at the time it was built.

Have you spoken to Richard Slater at Slater Laverda? He’s a mine of information and I think I am right in saying that if yours is a UK bike it must have passed through his hands as the UK concessionaire at the time it was built.
Im under the impression they were not sold to the UK market.. hence being like hens teeth.. though i could be wrong.
Thanks for the link, Ive sent slater lav a message.

Are you doing the resto yourself? ;) or have you got some help ??

Richard's a senior gentlemen these days and I know he doesn’t go in on Mondays so don’t be too expectant on the speed of response!

It rolls..

Next up; paint, seat recovering and barrel rebore & plate.
4e95ed44e19d1e3840c72d93222515c2.jpg

I've just bought one, lovely little bike. I took it for a MOT the other week and it's fast! But the gearbox is not very nice, Just awaiting the reg number to come so I ride it more. IMG20230503173241 (1).jpg

What fabulous little bikes. I too was completely unaware of their existence

I would imagine that old Zundapp spares are a bit less challenging to find than the bike's Laverda bits.

That's a decent sized carb for a 125, any idea what power they make?

I've just bought one, lovely little bike. I took it for a MOT the other week and it's fast! But the gearbox is not very nice, Just awaiting the reg number to come so I ride it more. View attachment 265024
hmm, centre stand in need of some attention.
either remove and weld , OR adjustable on bolts ? look at mikeyboys .

hmm, centre stand in need of some attention.
either remove and weld , OR adjustable on bolts ? look at mikeyboys .
Yes I have done it now, was pig getting the spring back on, I tried the "penny trick" but that didn't, work ended up making tool to pull the spring.

I started to wonder whether I had in fact come across these before. A bit of trawling found one in the 1980 Bike Catalogue International. Here are the original specs (although there is no telling which market these particular specs related to). There's a 175 too.

Attachments

• Picture4.jpg
    Picture4.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Picture5.jpg
    Picture5.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture6.jpg
    Picture6.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 12
.. and this seems to be where Zundapp used the same motor. From the same 1980 source:

Attachments

• Picture7.jpg
    Picture7.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom