Rev counter missing

snaponphil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm missing the rev counter on my Urban.. I know I like this bike for it's simplicity & basics, but it's TOO basic, got a list from dealer today as I spotted the Racer had a twin set up..

Anyone done this ?

Found this picture online so yes it should be doable. I think BMW sells the rev counter as a separate part officially for the scrambler but it should work on the urban as well. It wouldn't take much to do something better I would think, like the Triumph street scrambler for example which has even the fuel gauge and gear indicator in a single piece.

But no you pay more and you get less cheers BMW!

65bc0a67ee25ffd307a1efc8cd4f6d4d.jpg

I'm missing the rev counter on my Urban.. I know I like this bike for it's simplicity & basics, but it's TOO basic, got a list from dealer today as I spotted the Racer had a twin set up..

Anyone done this ?

The Scrambler is the ying to the GS TE's yang

I like the 'missing' rev counter

The Scrambler is the ying to the GS TE's yang

I like the 'missing' rev counter

I thought I did, but there's a few other functions as in gear indicator that I would also like displayed..
I'm gonna give it a go as it appears it's a £325 + fitting (I'll do it myself tho) as long as that's the end of it & it doesn't escalate to £600

Is it really plug & play?

I wouldn't b surprised if the dealer has to plug your bike in to tell it that the rev counter is there :rolleyes:

Here's the part numbers I snipped from the NineT brochure, though the link Paul provided above suggested you may need a few extra screws, etc -

8XZAW4.jpg
ijMhUD.jpg

I thought I did, but there's a few other functions as in gear indicator that I would also like displayed..
I'm gonna give it a go as it appears it's a £325 + fitting (I'll do it myself tho) as long as that's the end of it & it doesn't escalate to £600

I'd be interested to know the final parts cost if you go ahead Phil.

Does the ECU have a rev limiter built in? That could explain why there is no rev counter fitted.

Does the ECU have a rev limiter built in? That could explain why there is no rev counter fitted.

There is a rev limiter, but the reason there is no rev counter fitted is simply cost saving on BMW's part.

Single clock setup is how it was designed, for aesthetic purposes and ties in with the shape of the headlight cowl. That said I’d like to fit the Rev counter when I get mine, more for the second digital display and it’s functions.

Back
Top Bottom