New quiet tyres

ianran

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Started with Anakee 3's then Bridgestones now on Tourance. At last a quiet tyre on a GSA LC ! Cheap as chips too at M&P

I can't say I've ever heard road noise for any tyre on any bike I've owned, I didn't think it was a bike thing - only cars?

james

I can't say I've ever heard road noise for any tyre on any bike I've owned, I didn't think it was a bike thing - only cars?

james

Your not the only one, with a helmet on and wind blowing, wish I knew what I should be hearing, and coming from Harley to BMW the silence of the bike is amazing.

At the opposite end of the scale, my K60 Scouts sound like a 4x4 with mud tyres. The old canvas bag dragged along a carpet sound constantly. I like it.

Well it certainly looks like the next GS will have to be Electric otherwise I must be deaf I hear nothing but the engine roaring.

Well it certainly looks like the next GS will have to be Electric otherwise I must be deaf I hear nothing but the engine roaring.

Try changing gear..( Its the little stick thing by yer left foot !):aidan

I’ve just fitted the new Pirelli Scorpion rally STR and I find them brilliant. There is some noise at around 70mph which I can easily live with. However I still think the new screen are the main cause of the noise. In my opinion and compared with the air cooled GSA, the LC screen is a step backward in terms of noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do people no longer buy tyres based on performance rather than noise? FFS :mcgun

I was surprised how noisy Michelin Anakee Wild tyres were on my R1150GS. At 40mph it sounded like all the bearings in the gearbox were shot. The noise was so pronounced that I could hear when I got to 40 mph.

Back
Top Bottom