I got one!!! But what on earth is this hole......

Bishop

Reaction score
Hi all :)

Thanks for advice and tips on buying a R1200GS, I have at last got one! Took the advice and managed to push the budget to get a 2008 model :) I am starting to see why these bikes are so popular and have a passionate following!

After a ride through salt water (long and wet story) my paranoia had it eaten away by salt overnight so washed it within an inch of its life! And noticed I have a hole....... Please see image below - Looks like a sensor or something is missing? Bike rides and runs 100% great but a little anxious this isn't right? Or, perhaps it's a common thing to 'remove' something! God knows!!! Please don't tell me it's a £xxxx,xxxxx fix at a BM dealer :(

Thanks for our help everyone!

Bob.jpg

I don't know what the holes are, but let me be the first to annoy you by saying you really shouldn't be putting any motorbike in salt water. It gets into places you can't wash.

Good luck and enjoy your new-to-you bike. :thumb2

I don't know what the holes are, but let me be the first to annoy you by saying you really shouldn't be putting any motorbike in salt water. It gets into places you can't wash.

Next thread is going to be corrosion. :hide

Yeah, I know I am a bad parent! Shes an ADV bike so kind of a mini-adventure today :) Took 2 hours to wash her!!! Thanks for reply, GS as mad as a box of frogs! (I am used to at least 3 cylinders) I get why you guys just keep going to the top or Norway now! So comfy, good power, all day fun! :)

Ops! Forgot to say....... My GS has "enduro" on it - No idea what that means (if anything)......... (!)

Oh and it's got a full BM Service history, last services 2 months ago Allan Jerfferies - And no one noticed this hole? Hmm........

Oooo! Looks like a sensor removed from 2007:

" BMW found that the dual head temp was redundant and omitted the right-side sensor for '07. This was covered by release notes from CIP 7.0 and possibly as a SIB as well. "

Thanks guys !!!! Phew....... :) :) :)

Really appreciate all your reply's and help THANK YOU !!!

Bish

Oooo! Looks like a sensor removed from 2007:

" BMW found that the dual head temp was redundant and omitted the right-side sensor for '07. This was covered by release notes from CIP 7.0 and possibly as a SIB as well. "

Thanks guys !!!! Phew....... :) :) :)

Really appreciate all your reply's and help THANK YOU !!!

Bish

No prob mate, no go read that Manual.

Back
Top Bottom