Pyrenees advice

Wobblybox

Reaction score
So one way ticket on the boat to Bilbao booked for next September, so that gives me 5 days to get to France to meet my pillion off a train, from there I'm sorted but the Pyrenees are a new playground for me, suggestions for best roads/eateries/hotels/campsites etc.

You won't go far wrong by riding the the N260 but there's plenty of other options.

From Sabinanigo ride the N260 then at Biescas take the A136 which changes to the D934 in France then onto the D918 to Argeles-Gasost then head back south towards Spain on the D921 and take the Left turning onto D918 to Arreau :thumb2

The N260 is a long way away from Bilbao. From Bilbao go straight up to the coast and the 3438 which then becomes the N634, it's a stunning road that runs pretty much along the coast to San Sebastian. From there head inland towards Pamplona, various roads like the 127/140/138 are all ace but avoid Pamplona if that makes sense :rolleyes: You can then pick up the N260 East of Jaca, it is a truly magnificent road but more so East of Ainsa as it just gets better from there. Don't however, stick specifically to the 260, the yellow 4 figured numbered roads are amazing, particularly in September as they are empty.

What Cabby said. Did pretty much that last year. Stayed first night in an NH Hotel just outside Pamplona, then the N260 from Jaca. Stayed in Sort, good place to stop. Then from there I went to the Costa Brava on the N260 to Olot and then I think the GI524 for Banyoles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got back from there, if you get chance have a night at the Toisin d'or in Cette, stunning place just south of Lescun which must have more first gear hairpins on the approach road than anywhere else.

Little train at Artouist (sp?) is worth a visit, highest train in Europe at 6200ft !

Back
Top Bottom