Map update 2018.20

I’m back on this again....
Should I be able to download 2018.2 onto my laptop? As I said, it’s 2018.1 at the moment and Garmin Express tells me there isn’t a download.
Do I have to have the 660 plugged in and that’s how it knows there’s no update for it yet? :nenau

If the device is shown in Garmin Express it will inform you when a new update is available

I’m back on this again....
Should I be able to download 2018.2 onto my laptop? As I said, it’s 2018.1 at the moment and Garmin Express tells me there isn’t a download.
Do I have to have the 660 plugged in and that’s how it knows there’s no update for it yet? :nenau

To update maps on your computer, you have to have the device connected. The software reads device's identity before commencing any available downloads, not least to establish if indeed the latest downloads are applicable to the device. If the update is not suitable for your device, you cannot bypass the device and opt to load it just to your computer.

The latest map updates are for the newer devices. You and your 660 and / or computer will have to wait. Be patient.

It would appear that 2018.20 is now available for those of us with 'older' sat nav units.....:D

Very excited to see what improvements/enrichments the lovely people @ Garmin have got in store for us......:augie

It would appear that 2018.20 is now available for those of us with 'older' sat nav units.....:D

Very excited to see what improvements/enrichments the lovely people @ Garmin have got in store for us......:augie

This worries me. A lot.:D

I was delighted to see 2018.20 load on my Nav IV (G660) the other day. Every thing went smoothly, until I opened up the mapping & found all street level detail had disappeared. Ever wish you hadn't bothered?

Garmin reckon the older versions of Express have been corrupted (how??) so their answer is to delete the old App & start over - I think a previous post here alluded to this & I read elsewhere of successful outcomes.

Anyway, that should be fun, something to keep my piss at boiling point during the festive season too.

Well in for a penny; update is currently running with 2 hours remaining.....so we'll see what the outcome is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've failed to factor in the curse of Nutty when you meet up :p

Nah...his is all fine now & operating as originally intended. Since the birth of 'Nuttys Law', the Nav 6 has performed flawlessly ;) as one would hope for a unit that costs £600!!!!!!

Nah...his is all fine now & operating as originally intended. Since the birth of 'Nuttys Law', the Nav 6 has performed flawlessly ;) as one would hope for a unit that costs £600!!!!!!

Where is the entertainment in that :blast try and sabotage it :D

The Nav 7 is launched next week....

According to trade press, it may resemble this....

5c279b917495b171174a48dd53d01577.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom