I love my RoadKing

daveg

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Took it out to blow the cobwebs off it today. Sadly I've only managed to do about 50 miles on it this year. I'd forgotten how relaxing it is to ride.

Also gave me a chance to try out my new/used Fuji X100s which arrived yesterday. I think I'm going to love this camera.

Attachments

• DSCF5098.jpg
    DSCF5098.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 683
Parted with my first one. Missed it so much I replaced it. It's the best HD imho.:beerjug:

I had a 2014 CVO Road King, loved it, did 20k in two years. Swapped it for a BW RT. Different bike, but better for all year riding. Quite fancy one of the new softails, I'll wait until all the faults (if any) have been ironed out.

Took it out to blow the cobwebs off it today. Sadly I've only managed to do about 50 miles on it this year. I'd forgotten how relaxing it is to ride.

Also gave me a chance to try out my new/used Fuji X100s which arrived yesterday. I think I'm going to love this camera.

That is a fine looking Road King you have Dave. Just classic and no frippery. I look forward to seeing it again when you have sussed the exposure on your new camera. :D

That is a fine looking Road King you have Dave. Just classic and no frippery. I look forward to seeing it again when you have sussed the exposure on your new camera. :D

You do know I'm colourblind don't you! I didn't originally want to post the half arsed effort at a B&W adjusted shot. I posted it from an iPad and picked the only one that would upload at the time! Here's another attempt which isn't anything like as sharp as the pin sharp original:

Attachments

• DSCF5094.jpg
    DSCF5094.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 550
That explains the Green Road King..... Daveg thinks its black....:D

I love mine too..
82b38ca753d55529bfe08dcee2619fa6.jpg

Fuck me, look at all those people!!! Hell on fucking earth is that, peasants as far as the eye can see and peasants in uniform too, fucking worst nightmare.....Run, just fucking run.....

Borough market coincidentally when the police are having their lunch break.

Bought one in 1997 , black , loved it , had it 3 years no problem , like riding a juke box at night . Hard to find a decent evo now . The road glide I bought after it was so butt ugly but a really effective tourer . Loved it for the ability to piss people off playing radio 4 today on the way to work

Ah Road King memories....oh happy days

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cLocKzC80gk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Come on, clap your hands and sing along.

Attachments

• DSCF0459.JPG
    DSCF0459.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 468
That freight train headlight was an early iconic example of how a vehicle luminaire should look.

A bit like those found on a Mark 1 VW Golf. :)

I loved that RK - just wish I’d bought it.

I loved that RK - just wish I’d bought it.

Be honest it would have gone the same way as the Wrong KTM, the Triumph Scrambler and the numerous GS's that you have used to play "Pass the Parcel" with over the last few years. :D

Back
Top Bottom