Africa Twin Sargent seat

Davy F

Reaction score
Big box arrived today. :bounce1

My Sargent seat has finally arrived and obviously it didn't take long to fit it onto the bike. I've only gone for the riders seat (never take a pillion) but ordered the blue piping to bring a little of the colour into the main seat. I'll either get used to how it looks or see if I can find a black rear in a breakers sometime.

The shape is different to the oe seat with a larger seating area and first impressions are that it's much firmer than the oe one. If it's anything like the Sargent I had on my 12GS, it should prove to be much more comfortable over distance. I found the my first Sargent needed time to bed in, or my butt to get used to it, so a wee trip will be needed to see how we get on. Superb quality as expected from Sargent and it even comes with an LED flashlight that snaps into the base. So far, happy as a very happy thing. :thumb2

Attachments

• IMG_2776.jpg
    IMG_2776.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 1,290
  • IMG_2777.jpg
    IMG_2777.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 1,212
  • IMG_2778.jpg
    IMG_2778.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 1,023
  • IMG_2779.jpg
    IMG_2779.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 1,113
I got the impression from feedback that the stock seat is rather comfortable ?

The stock seat IMO is fine for up to 150 miles. By then I'm moving about a lot and numb bum has set in. On my 12GS, I was squirming about after a mere 50 miles, so the AT stocker is 100 miles better in that respect. But I like doing 3/400 mile days and the Sargent gave me that option with the improved comfort, so I'm hoping that this will be similar this time round with the AT Sargent.

I'm about the same as you 150 miles be interested to hear how you get on, could always get spare seat and send it to Tony archer, what was the damage £££

£360 delivered to NI. But that was with the top spec and initial order discount, you can spec it cheaper and it's free delivery on the mainland.

Mine came last week, i got the low version, when in the high position its fine but if you put it in the low position it rubs on the side plastic on the frame, for now ive placed some plastic so it doesnt mar the seat, ive also ordered the sw motech rear seat plate as the rear OEM seat looks terrible with the sargent :)

Oh and mine was ok for 45 mins then painful, gonna wizz over to france next week to try it out

So today I did about 100ish miles on the new seat. Personally, I find it a definite improvement over the stock seat. There's more seat area to sit on and plenty of room to move around if needed. I was slightly concerned at first as I felt it was digging into my inner thighs.....but this soon disappeared as the miles went by. It's just a different initial feeling I guess and at the end of the ride, I knew I had made a sound decision on buying the Sargent. With more miles, it'll no doubt get even better as the one on my GS did.

Attachments

• IMG_2784.jpg
    IMG_2784.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 926
  • IMG_2782.jpg
    IMG_2782.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 877
I've only managed a one long ride and I found the stock to be painful after 150 Miles. On My commute of 30 minutes its fine, but I do find my nuts go numb on even that ride. The GS seat was definitely more comfy. When budget allows, I will probably look into a seat mod, but that's after christmas and when I can confirm that the OE seat really hasn't bedded in. Some reports suggest that the OE gets better over time. I'll see. But that looks nice Davy

When budget allows, I will probably look into a seat mod, but that's after christmas and when I can confirm that the OE seat really hasn't bedded in. Some reports suggest that the OE gets better over time.

Can't say the stock seat got better over time. The foam is too soft which compresses and then that's it.....pain city ! I sat on the new Adventure model at the NEC and it's seat is very soft. I can see a few people changing those quite quickly. However, it's quite weird that the Sargent seat feels much firmer, yet I've found it immediately much better for my comfort over distance.

Back
Top Bottom