Best GSA Accessory

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just bought and collected the best GSA accessory.....

:thumb2

Attachments

• Twin 1.jpg
    Twin 1.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 1,373
Two similar Adv Bikes? :nenau

Went to John Banks in Bury St Edmunds the other day (to look at a CR250L Rally) and they had about 30 ATs registered and ready to shift out the door (mostly DCTs) the Salesman said they had sold about 150 recently. Probably something to do with a subsidised PCP deal they where doing recently no doubt.

I like the AT but its too similar to a GS to own both IMO.

Enjoy your new bike! :thumb2

Nicely accessorised:thumby:

The AT is a totally different ride to the BMW, I'm sure you will have fun between the two, enjoy :)

It's just a shit version of the GS.

Would rather put the 70quid a month towards fuel.

Like a big scooter. Twist and go with low rev issues.

Two similar Adv Bikes? :nenau

Went to John Banks in Bury St Edmunds the other day (to look at a CR250L Rally) and they had about 30 ATs registered and ready to shift out the door (mostly DCTs) the Salesman said they had sold about 150 recently. Probably something to do with a subsidised PCP deal they where doing recently no doubt.

I like the AT but its too similar to a GS to own both IMO.

Enjoy your new bike! :thumb2

Cheers. Yes it was a subsidised PCP Deal. During September a select few dealers from Honda were offering a brand new Africa Twin with 0% Finance, £3200 deposit paid by Honda, and 36 months at £70 per month. Balance to pay in 3 years of £6,200'ish

Very good offer in my opinion as its a free loan for 3 years and £3200 off the bike. I'll just clear the balance in 3 years time, jobs a good 'un.

It is a shit version of the GSA, so if I had the choice of one or the other I'd have the GSA.

BUT

If you can have both, it's perfect.

GSA for road use and Africa Twin set up for off-road use. Put some knobbies on it, raise the bars for stood up trailing, big skid plate and crash bars, soft luggage and go out and completely wreck the fucker.

Come home and polish the GSA for another road trip.

(Oh, and don't underestimate this Africa Twin, it is actually very good to ride) :D :D :D

Nicely accessorised:thumby:

The AT is a totally different ride to the BMW, I'm sure you will have fun between the two, enjoy :)

Cheers :beerjug:

Ooh.. I've really got to try an AT..

I was tempted by that recent deal but like Tricky said I think it's just too similar to the GSA. If I were to get a bike for mostly off-road it wouldn't be an AT.

I know you intend to keep it but as it's on PCP, if you decide to hand it back after 3 years will you be charged for any damage? I've got visions of all these AT's being handed back in 3 years looking like they've been dragged through a ditch every day for 3 years. The look on the dealers face would be priceless if there's no penalties for just handing it back and walking out the door with a big smile on your face. :D

I was tempted by that recent deal but like Tricky said I think it's just too similar to the GSA. If I were to get a bike for mostly off-road it wouldn't be an AT.

I know you intend to keep it but as it's on PCP, if you decide to hand it back after 3 years will you be charged for any damage? I've got visions of all these AT's being handed back in 3 years looking like they've been dragged through a ditch every day for 3 years. The look on the dealers face would be priceless if there's no penalties for just handing it back and walking out the door with a big smile on your face. :D

PCP Finance Deals are usually watertight and aggressive. So if you turn up with a wrecked bike expecting to just hand it over and walk away... think again :D

However at the end of the deal, if you just pay the balance off, you then own whatever pile of rotting scrap you have left :D So effectively you've paid £9,000 for it in all with no interest added. For the Africa Twin, that's a lot of bike.

Which, in my opinion is still a very good deal.

The Africa Twin isn't a purists off-road motorcycle, but it's a bloody good compromise for us lot. You can switch between machines and not have much weight or geometry changes and still travel on the Africa Twin to 'off-road' sites even if they are 100 miles away or more.

So one set up for road use, one set up for off-road use and just go out and enjoy your day. Always have another bike at home as backup should anything nasty happen.

Suits me great. Thank you very much Honda.

Are you Engineer ?

Stuart W has at least four personas on here so why not you ?

I'd rather have an AT any day of the week than a boring,badly built rattly GS.

The DCT version is fantastic.

And big scoots are not to be sniffed at.Loving mine.
grinning-smiley-010.gif

Are you Engineer ?

Stuart W has at least four personas on here so why not you ?

I'd rather have an AT any day of the week than a boring,badly built rattly GS.

The DCT version is fantastic.

And big scoots are not to be sniffed at.Loving mine.
grinning-smiley-010.gif

No not at all, one account.

Probably two personas though, one decent one and one of being a cock to wind a few up.

Back
Top Bottom