Engine management light.

scooter paul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve taken delivery of a Scrambler X. I traded my old faithful Rninet in for it. Because I can’t leave anything alone I’ve removed the charcoal cannister to de clutter the rear end. The flapper will go too once I get a ‘servo buddy’ which I’m told is necessary for the Euro 4 bikes. I’ve also been fitting all the accessories from the old bike. All fit.
I swear that when I removed the charcoal cannister and test rode it I had no warning lights showing. Now, apart from disconnecting the connection to the top of the left throttle body to fit the crash bars I’ve done nothing else but I’ve now got the engine management light on. What’s going on? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• EB40B00B-9600-49DE-8ABE-B4AD61EEC435.jpg
    EB40B00B-9600-49DE-8ABE-B4AD61EEC435.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 343
Some bikes will see a "fault" and keep reporting it via the engine management light. Did you disconnect the battery during your improvements?

After starting the bike maybe 5 or 6 times if the bike does not detect the same fault it will stop illuminating the engine management light.

Failing that, you've managed to break something !

Some bikes will see a "fault" and keep reporting it via the engine management light. Did you disconnect the battery during your improvements?

After starting the bike maybe 5 or 6 times if the bike does not detect the same fault it will stop illuminating the engine management light.

Failing that, you've managed to break something ![/QUOTE

Battery wasn’t disconnected and nothing broken. I did remove the bar that the battery positives go to to fit the tank strap rear fixing but all this is pretty well insulated so I’m fairly sure I didn’t short anything out. Maybe a few more test rides to allow it to reset?

Whilst your at it, remove the fork reflectors - 2 mins with the wife’s hairdryer..

And we pay "how much" for our annual subs, what a great site and resource for all things bike , well done Spider

I've got the same engine bars but I've still to fit them.
Not at all difficult to fit. Just identify the correct spacers and bolts first and work your way through the instructions methodically.
The left hand side does require a little jiggling to line all four mounting points. I found it easier to knock the top, through the frame, bar back into its hole to allow more wriggle room for the lower mounts. You don’t want to cross thread anything.

Not at all difficult to fit. Just identify the correct spacers and bolts first and work your way through the instructions methodically.
The left hand side does require a little jiggling to line all four mounting points. I found it easier to knock the top, through the frame, bar back into its hole to allow more wriggle room for the lower mounts. You don’t want to cross thread anything.

MY bars will be used to mount my Denali soundbomb horn on and a pair of LED spots (once I decide what to buy).

Back
Top Bottom