Nippy Normans supply Touratech, Wunderlich and many other makes of accessories.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electrical Gremlins

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Some bikes had full LED rear lights. Some had normal bulb rear lights.
    The ECU works with either but has to be electronically reset or a LampF error comes up.
    If it’s the bulb type they can corrode and cause errors.
    08 R1200GSA
    76 Suzuki GT750

To bring closure to my error earlier Its because my bike tells me which end the failure is at

I get a noticeable LCD bulb "picture" and to the side of it an arrow pointing forward or rear depending which end is out

So lampF on the later bikes is just a bulb failure rather than Lamp F"ront" or LampR"ear" as I thought it was (not having a later bike and all that
    Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can! And the wisdom to know the difference!

Update

Thanks to all for the input; I have now traced the fault to the rear left indicator and indeed when I attached the right indicator to the left side connector as a test; all works as it should and the LampF warning clears. The bike has LED Indicators and rear light, so clearly the LampF warning comes up for a failure of any of these, which led me to look at the headlight as the culprit. The LEDs in the indicator have failed, one does not work at all, the other is a faint steady glimmer that is nearly noticeable. New one now on order from Motorworks, strangely they only have second hand fronts but no rears? A good clean of the area now required and an application of AFC50 whilst its apart and I should be good to go.

Now I'm mentioning this I'll get trouble, but my ordinary bulb type indicators have been fine. Not bad for a 2008. The chances are your old indicators have cracked solder joints or possibly corrosion. Nothing to lose having furtle about with a magnifying glass. If they can be opened of course.
    08 R1200GSA
    76 Suzuki GT750

Just to add, when my indicators started flashing randomly it was the right hand handlebar switch.
    What year is the bike ?

My rubber protectors had corroded from the switches allowing water to get in.

I don't think mine were flashing faster than normal though. They would just come on when they felt like it, and also tricky to turn on when I wanted them on.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/464393

Bike is 2010, indicator flashing faster as only one was working, same thing happens with conventional bulb indicators too.

Interesting. My 2011 gsa has flashed up lampf a couple of times then goes off yet all the lights have worked fine at the time, be interested in your findings FBB.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Runner View Post
    Interesting. My 2011 gsa has flashed up lampf a couple of times then goes off yet all the lights have worked fine at the time, be interested in your findings FBB.
    It seems if all lights are LED and there is a fault with any of them; Indicators or back light, than the LampF warning comes up. In my case the rear left indicator had a failed LED, changed the indicator and all was good again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12