SW motech rear seat rack with Sargent seat

LBL

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just passing on some wisdom, as per another thread, ive recently fitted my Sargent seat and as stated in the low position the sides of the seat slightly rub on the plastic side fairings, ive slipped something in between them to protect the seat and its ok now.

I didnt like the OE rear seat position with the sargent front so went for an SW Motech rear seat plate to go with my SW Motech rear rack and Givi plate. Once i fitted the rear base which meant removing 6 bolts ( middle ones a bit fidley ) you then fit the top plate but it wont fit because of the seat in the low position, i place some tap washers to raise the plate and then it fits, just, need to get some longer tapered bolts so have just put some normal bolts on for now. All in all looks nice and my roll bag will sit their nicely.

Going to pop over to France next week to test out the seat and the Kaoko cruise control ( any excuse ) had to take the GSA last week as the AT wasn't touring ready :D

here are some pics :thumb2

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2926.JPG
    IMG_2926.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2927.JPG
    IMG_2927.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2493.JPG
    IMG_2493.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2928.PNG
    IMG_2928.PNG
    94.9 KB · Views: 146
Very nice bike.

Why did you fit Silver crash bars to your Africa Twin when you took the time to paint your Triple Black ones black?

Very nice bike.

Why did you fit Silver crash bars to your Africa Twin when you took the time to paint your Triple Black ones black?

They were part of the deal I got with the bike along with the spotlights, heated grips and centre stand. They will be off in the winter and be powder coated:)

Back
Top Bottom