16,000 mile service costs for DCT

tyclyd

Gary
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I said i would let you know the end price for the 16,000 service on my DCT. Labour was 7 hrs and 15 mins (£416) (45mins less than book time) and parts (137.70) which includes the extra second filter for the DCT and 2 air filters which are £62 so £666:72 in total - Thunder Road Cwmbran.

F*** I could do a 24,ooo mile on a K1200LT in that time

Bloody Hell It must be a right complicated palava all right

Ride Safe

F*** I could do a 24,ooo mile on a K1200LT in that time

Bloody Hell It must be a right complicated palava all right

Ride Safe

It is.... so much of the bodywork needs to be removed along with the tank to get to the two air filters and valves, it’s certainly not simple or accessible like my 1150GSA - sell the bike cheapish then coin it in at service time while it’s under warranty is perhaps Hondas view

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is.... so much of the bodywork needs to be removed along with the tank to get to the two air filters and valves, it’s certainly not simple or accessible like my 1150GSA - sell the bike cheapish then coin it in at service time while it’s under warranty is perhaps Hondas view

I had my 16k service done in August and there is a hell of a lot more bodywork and bits that have to be removed on my Crosstourer (at least 3 times as much) plus it has two more cylinders, the V4 makes access more difficult and the shaft driveshaft that needs fluids replacing too . The inlet valves are bucket and shims and exhaust are tappets, only the tappets needed adjusting. The cost at my local Honda was about £50 less than you paid. That's ALL fluids replaced , filters and plugs.

Interested to hear that it has 2 air filters. Honda parts certainly aren't cheaper are they. Watch out for replacing the handbrake pads . They are very expensive but they are the same pads as used in a small 50cc scooter (not a Honda) and EBC ones can be bought for a third of the price :thumb

I'd strip as much bodywork off myself before I'd leave it in for the 16k service. I did that with my 800 Vtec at the time, saved a bundle as they aren't charging the strip/build labour.

I'd strip as much bodywork off myself .

I do this with all bikes, doing it this way means any marks are done by me and not some hamfisted tech, it's also a great learning curve on how to strip the bike.

If you are keeping the bike and not on PCP, dont bother with valve clearance checks.

If I were keeping a bike I would definitely do valve checks. Several on my GSLC were too loose which wouldn't cause a problem but two were too tight on my CRF250 and three too tight on my 390 Duke. Being tight can cause valves to burn out.

If I were keeping a bike I would definitely do valve checks. Several on my GSLC were too loose which wouldn't cause a problem but two were too tight on my CRF250 and three too tight on my 390 Duke. Being tight can cause valves to burn out.

One exhaust valve on my bike needed adjustment that was all

Think I'll be going independent for mine. Not paying that much.

I am talking about a V4 hobda, I don't know any that have been out of spec nor has the dealer

Is there a Haynes Manual or .pdf Workbook download on the Africa Twin DCT?

No Haynes, but there is a workshop manual from Honda or Rugged Roads. About £48 iirc.

Ok cheers. Just searched and found it on eBay

Back
Top Bottom