EBC brakes Direct

If this is a place to share wisdom . . . I'd not put EBC on anybody's bike, they are low grade parts, for cars and bikes. I'd only fit pads from reputable manufacturers like Brembo, Bendix, Galfer or even Armstrong for bikes. (There are others, this is what I thought of in the 30 seconds it took me to write this sentence)

I've personally experienced EBC pads falling apart, generating a lot of noise and dust and on cars catching fire. Why save such a small amount of money by fitting a sub standard safety part when there are a range of far superior parts available for not a lot of money extra.

This post might get deleted, depends if EBC pay for this little slot I guess, such is life. I've added my wisdom . . . take it or leave it :beerjug:

If this is a place to share wisdom . . . I'd not put EBC on anybody's bike, they are low grade parts, for cars and bikes. I'd only fit pads from reputable manufacturers like Brembo, Bendix, Galfer or even Armstrong for bikes. (There are others, this is what I thought of in the 30 seconds it took me to write this sentence)

I've personally experienced EBC pads falling apart, generating a lot of noise and dust and on cars catching fire. Why save such a small amount of money by fitting a sub standard safety part when there are a range of far superior parts available for not a lot of money extra.

This post might get deleted, depends if EBC pay for this little slot I guess, such is life. I've added my wisdom . . . take it or leave it :beerjug:
No, your post won't get deleted!

I've only ever used their sintered pads on trail bikes - but they have performed well.

That's not to invalidate your comments at all - I've set alight Ferodo pads on a car before now.

I'll leave it ta

My 06 GSA came fitted with Brembo pads as OE and they fell apart at 13000 miles shortly after the bike's 12k service at which I was advised that they would be "unlikely to go to the next service"

I replaced the knackered Brembo pads with EBC and when I sold the bike at a shade under 60k the rears were still only 50% worn and the fronts still had the original pads fitted, with plenty of life still left in them :D

I'll leave it ta

My 06 GSA came fitted with Brembo pads as OE and they fell apart at 13000 miles shortly after the bike's 12k service at which I was advised that they would be "unlikely to go to the next service"

I replaced the knackered Brembo pads with EBC and when I sold the bike at a shade under 60k the rears were still only 50% worn and the fronts still had the original pads fitted, with plenty of life still left in them :D

Did they fall apart ? If the dealer told you they'd not get to the next service, do you mean they were just worn ? Sounds like they just wore out, which is what they're meant to do. Some pads wear out faster than others but in doing so they protect the disks and also give much better feel and work better in the wet/cold. Hard pads are not necessarily what you want for thew road.

Oh shit, I said I'd not discuss this again . . . . :(

Did they fall apart ? If the dealer told you they'd not get to the next service, do you mean they were just worn ? Sounds like they just wore out, which is what they're meant to do. Some pads wear out faster than others but in doing so they protect the disks and also give much better feel and work better in the wet/cold. Hard pads are not necessarily what you want for thew road.

Oh shit, I said I'd not discuss this again . . . . :(

The dealer said they would not make then next service so 1200 miles after the service I replaced them

When I removed the OE pads the wear material fell off the back plate of one of the pads

I fitted new EBC pads and 45000 miles later they were still going strong

I have used EBC HH on all of my sports bikes, they have been excellent.

Also about the 1/3rd of the price of BMW, they are going on my GS this year.

Used EBC "HH" sintered in many bikes ,, never had any issue :thumb2

EBC HH here every time on the present and past bikes. Present ones have done about 23K and still good to go :thumb2

I wouldn't have them if they were free, in fact I've bought used bikes where the owner has proudly announced that he's fitted new EBC pads
On getting the bikes home, I have removed them and fitted OEM
I only use OEM parts on all my vehicles

I wouldn't have them if they were free, in fact I've bought used bikes where the owner has proudly announced that he's fitted new EBC pads
On getting the bikes home, I have removed them and fitted OEM
I only use OEM parts on all my vehicles

The thing is, who makes the OEM ones? If you could get OEM ones in a different poly bag at lower price, would you fit them? Seeing as how they are the same item just with a different label on the bag.

EBC or SBS HH on every bike I’ve owned over the last 20 years, absolutely fantastic and won’t fit anything else. Brembo pads are overpriced and overrated imo - there’s a stigma about them being ‘awesome’, possibly due to clever marketing and product placement over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom