***Please Note*** you can not create threads directly in this section. This section is made up of threads that have been moved here from other areas of the site
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EBC brakes Direct

'Don't mess with me' Member

EBC brakes Direct

http://bikes.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/

I just bought some sintered pads direct from EBC's UK retailer. Cheaper than I could find anywhere else.

Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I've used them in the past and they're very good
    2016 BMW R1200 GS Triple Black
    1980 Kawasaki Z1300
    2002 Triumph Bonneville (Desert Sled)
    2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber
    2003 Triumph Daytona 955i (Rob North Replica)
    1979 Yamaha XT500

I second that.

If this is a place to share wisdom . . . I'd not put EBC on anybody's bike, they are low grade parts, for cars and bikes. I'd only fit pads from reputable manufacturers like Brembo, Bendix, Galfer or even Armstrong for bikes. (There are others, this is what I thought of in the 30 seconds it took me to write this sentence)

I've personally experienced EBC pads falling apart, generating a lot of noise and dust and on cars catching fire. Why save such a small amount of money by fitting a sub standard safety part when there are a range of far superior parts available for not a lot of money extra.

This post might get deleted, depends if EBC pay for this little slot I guess, such is life. I've added my wisdom . . . take it or leave it

'Don't mess with me' Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevem77 View Post
    If this is a place to share wisdom . . . I'd not put EBC on anybody's bike, they are low grade parts, for cars and bikes. I'd only fit pads from reputable manufacturers like Brembo, Bendix, Galfer or even Armstrong for bikes. (There are others, this is what I thought of in the 30 seconds it took me to write this sentence)

I've personally experienced EBC pads falling apart, generating a lot of noise and dust and on cars catching fire. Why save such a small amount of money by fitting a sub standard safety part when there are a range of far superior parts available for not a lot of money extra.

This post might get deleted, depends if EBC pay for this little slot I guess, such is life. I've added my wisdom . . . take it or leave it
    No, your post won't get deleted!

I've only ever used their sintered pads on trail bikes - but they have performed well.

That's not to invalidate your comments at all - I've set alight Ferodo pads on a car before now.
    Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

I'll leave it ta

My 06 GSA came fitted with Brembo pads as OE and they fell apart at 13000 miles shortly after the bike's 12k service at which I was advised that they would be "unlikely to go to the next service"

I replaced the knackered Brembo pads with EBC and when I sold the bike at a shade under 60k the rears were still only 50% worn and the fronts still had the original pads fitted, with plenty of life still left in them
    1980 Kawasaki Z1300
    1979 Yamaha XT500

Quote Originally Posted by Nice 'n' Fat View Post
    I'll leave it ta

My 06 GSA came fitted with Brembo pads as OE and they fell apart at 13000 miles shortly after the bike's 12k service at which I was advised that they would be "unlikely to go to the next service"

I replaced the knackered Brembo pads with EBC and when I sold the bike at a shade under 60k the rears were still only 50% worn and the fronts still had the original pads fitted, with plenty of life still left in them

Did they fall apart ? If the dealer told you they'd not get to the next service, do you mean they were just worn ? Sounds like they just wore out, which is what they're meant to do. Some pads wear out faster than others but in doing so they protect the disks and also give much better feel and work better in the wet/cold. Hard pads are not necessarily what you want for thew road.

Oh shit, I said I'd not discuss this again . . . .

OEM (Brembo) pads for mine, well I hope its what the dealer fitted.

Did they fall apart ? If the dealer told you they'd not get to the next service, do you mean they were just worn ? Sounds like they just wore out, which is what they're meant to do. Some pads wear out faster than others but in doing so they protect the disks and also give much better feel and work better in the wet/cold. Hard pads are not necessarily what you want for thew road.

Oh shit, I said I'd not discuss this again . . . .
    The dealer said they would not make then next service so 1200 miles after the service I replaced them

When I removed the OE pads the wear material fell off the back plate of one of the pads

I fitted new EBC pads and 45000 miles later they were still going strong
    1980 Kawasaki Z1300
    1979 Yamaha XT500

I have used EBC HH on all of my sports bikes, they have been excellent.

Also about the 1/3rd of the price of BMW, they are going on my GS this year.

Used EBC "HH" sintered in many bikes ,, never had any issue
    still no deid

EBC HH here every time on the present and past bikes. Present ones have done about 23K and still good to go

EBC or SBS all the way for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will buy EBC disks again. warped in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by patzx12 View Post
    I will buy EBC disks again. warped in short order.
    Each to his own, but that would probably put me off!

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dog View Post
    Each to his own, but that would probably put me off!
    Oops, should be never buy again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast