SW Motech Footpegs on the Scrambler

Paul S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well after waiting 4 weeks my SW Motech footpegs finally arrived - will think twice before using MCRR again :augie

Very easy to fit with no need to mess around with the rear brake lines like some have had problems with the Wunderlich brackets.

They can be adjusted in Ht by 15mm but compared to the standard pegs with Rubber inserts fitted these are already 4 or 5MM lower in their "high" position. In their "low" position they are 19 to 20mm lower than the standard pegs.

Taking out the Rubber insert in the SW Motech pegs gives you another 10mm so lots of options to find the HT that suits you ;)

They also give you a much larger surface area and IMO suit the style of the Scrambler/Turban.

Certainly an alternative option to the Wunderlich lowering brackets and less expensive as well at around £100 delivered :thumb

Mine arrived yesterday from MCRR after waiting a few weeks like you - good comms, apologetic offered a refund or wait.. Looks like they were on manufacture back order.

Anyway fitted quickly and easily - I have them on the lowest setting, with no rubber... Very comfy and wider then the standard ones which I found a little narrow.

Bolt looks a bit cheap, if it rusts I'll need to swop it out for SS ... Let's see... The extra room, with the high seat and SW Motech lowering brackets have given me the leg room I needed.. Sorted.

Mine arrived yesterday from MCRR after waiting a few weeks like you - good comms, apologetic offered a refund or wait.. Looks like they were on manufacture back order.

Anyway fitted quickly and easily - I have them on the lowest setting, with no rubber... Very comfy and wider then the standard ones which I found a little narrow.

Bolt looks a bit cheap, if it rusts I'll need to swop it out for SS ... Let's see... The extra room, with the high seat and SW Motech lowering brackets have given me the leg room I needed.. Sorted.

How are the brake and gear levers now? Did you have to alter their angle?

How are the brake and gear levers now? Did you have to alter their angle?

Just been out testing them :D

Tried them in lowest position with rubber inserts to start with and dropped gear lever one spline - did 15 miles and found the gear lever a bit too low. Then removed the rubber inserts - and did another 25 miles. Gear lever now fine and no vibes through the pegs and leg room now perfect for me. No issues with brake lever as it was.

So all good :thumb

Twizzle - I assume you removed your Wunderlich lowering brackets rather than having both :confused:

Just been out testing them

Tried them in lowest position with rubber inserts to start with and dropped gear lever one spline - did 15 miles and found the gear lever a bit too low. Then removed the rubber inserts - and did another 25 miles. Gear lever now fine and no vibes through the pegs and leg room now perfect for me. No issues with brake lever as it was.

So all good :thumb

Twizzle - I assume you removed your Wunderlich lowering brackets rather than having both

Reading Twizz’s post,I’m pretty sure he’s got both !

Why buy the Wunderlich kit last month then remove and fit the SW jobbies giving the same result ???

And Paul,you do know you can adjust the gear lever position !

Reading Twizz’s post,I’m pretty sure he’s got both !

Why buy the Wunderlich kit last month then remove and fit the SW jobbies giving the same result ???

And Paul,you do know you can adjust the gear lever position !

I asked as I would have thought with both you would be dragging your feet around every corner ;)

..........and yes I know you can adjust the gear lever but easier to just drop it a spline and see how it that suits - which as it happens is perfect with my current set up :p

Brake lever is fine, I too have droped the gear lever one splice, tried two, but had to put it back.

I am using all four elements, high seat, SW Motech relocation brackets, peg on low setting and no rubbers.....

The main reason for purchase though was a bigger footprint, and grippier pegs... My boot has slipped off the left peg twice, also I had Pivot Pegz on my KTM and got used to a sure footing.

The addition room is a bonus.
I have a 36inch inside leg, and these elements give me a very comfortable leg position...

TBH i'm loving this Scrambler.. It's bob on for what I want..

I've also added a Unit Garage rear rack, and an Ali Rizoma fly screen... This combined with my old GSA canbus plug and a RAM mounted Garmin means I can go anywhere and do anything....... This is the last of the farkling.. (The Rizoma stuff is bloody lovely...must stop looking)

Brake lever is fine, I too have droped the gear lever one splice, tried two, but had to put it back.

I am using all four elements, high seat, SW Motech relocation brackets, peg on low setting and no rubbers.....

The main reason for purchase though was a bigger footprint, and grippier pegs... My boot has slipped off the left peg twice, also I had Pivot Pegz on my KTM and got used to a sure footing.

The addition room is a bonus.
I have a 36inch inside leg, and these elements give me a very comfortable leg position...

TBH i'm loving this Scrambler.. It's bob on for what I want..

I've also added a Unit Garage rear rack, and an Ali Rizoma fly screen... This combined with my old GSA canbus plug and a RAM mounted Garmin means I can go anywhere and do anything....... This is the last of the farkling.. (The Rizoma stuff is bloody lovely...must stop looking)

Might get the SW pegs as well.Got Pivot Pegz on my 1290 and also like the grippy feeling they give.

Are your pegs not so low now that your size 14s are in danger of providing unwanted braking ?

Where's the best place to get the SW pegs from without waiting a month for delivery ? Ta.

I can't even see them listed on MCRR's website.

Might get the SW pegs as well.Got Pivot Pegz on my 1290 and also like the grippy feeling they give.

Are your pegs not so low now that your size 14s are in danger of providing unwanted braking ?

Where's the best place to get the SW pegs from without waiting a month for delivery ? Ta

I ride on the balls of my feet, so the pegs will go down first, I ride my electra glide on the pegs all the time,, this thing is a mountain in comparison...

As for supply, give em a ring probably in stock now.

Where's the best place to get the SW pegs from without waiting a month for delivery ? Ta.

I can't even see them listed on MCRR's website.

...........look here: http://www.sw-motech-shop.co.uk/footrest-kit-bmw-r-ninet-scrambler-16-

or here: https://bykebitz.co.uk/footrest-kit-bmw-r-ninet-scrambler-16.html

Now just over £100 - think I paid £94'ish but then no doubt you can avoid the VAT. ;)

................I keep saying the same and yet I now have an adjustable Ht Wilbers rear shock on order :blast

Must get out on the KTM tomorrow - not used since I got the Scrambler X :augie

...........and Arsey - just for you I have even got round to taking off the fork reflectors :thumb

That’s better!! Nice wide, solid foot pegs!!

Added the Rizoma adjustable gear lever cos it looks good and makes fine tuning the ht of the lever a doddle :)

Back
Top Bottom