Africa Twin farkles list

Yea there didn't seem to be much of a choice at the moment when I looked so I installed ContiTrailAtack2s on my AT they seem to give excellent grip.The only other option I saw apart from the less than stellar standard wheels was the TK70s

https://www.continental-tires.com/m...cycle-tires/off-road-enduro/contitrailattack2
2271c56e62380bed8ad956182fb6eb53.png

Well I have been looking long and hard at all the farkles I want and how to do it on the cheap. BTW, I haven't got my rallye red bike yet due to one or another reason. Should get it this week.
Also trying to salvage a lot of transferable farkles from my GS.
So my Aux lights are moving across. New mounts ordered
Bought the honda 6 pin connector and wired my fuseblock into that connector, so i can power all my devices.
Bought HEED crashbars which looked very robust and were a great price, except they dont fir with a DCT foot shift lever. So it's looking like I'll get the givi ones (not sure on black or silver?)
Honda OE Fog light switch ordered - hoping to get away with having to wire it into the front fairing connector blue wire as then they'll try to sell me the sub harness and connector loom at more money. If it has to to go to the blue wire, I'll bite the bullet and get the honda 12v socket installed at same time as they will already have the fairing off.
Ideally, I want all wires to run back to the fuseblock and then get power.
I'll buy a Holan frame for my Ardcase panniers and I have seen a deal for a Honda top case at £150. So I'll go for that as it's 1 key, gets ok reviews and looks better than a plate on a plate on plate...and no drilling
Tyres will be done after a few miles I think

Bought HEED crashbars which looked very robust and were a great price, except they dont fir with a DCT foot shift lever. So it's looking like I'll get the givi ones (not sure on black or silver?)

I thought it was only the sw motech bars fitted with the gearstick option !

I thought it was only the sw motech bars fitted with the gearstick option !
Honda are confident the givi fit..if they dont, its going to be hondas fault this time.price to be confirmed on monday.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Honda are confident the givi fit..if they dont, its going to be hondas fault this time.price to be confirmed on monday.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm interested to see how as the gearstick bracket uses the mount, one guy has fitted the heed bars, he had to cut the foot off the heed bar and reposition and also trim the belly pan, a lot of work.

So far:

Batzen screen adjuster
Pivot pegz (on order)
Outback Motortek skid plate and crash bars
Touratech locking sat nav holder for frame bar
Givi top box and rack (coming off for the next Baltic States trip)
Barkbusters
Krieger US30 (straps tied under the seat - eventually)

Where did you get the fork protectors and top yoke protector from?

on a serious note, commuting through London on tubed tyres is worrying me. Not that I can't fix or try to..but the time factor in getting in on time after a puncture gets me. So ..what are you carrying iro punctures, anyone using slime in the tubes (worth it? work?)
Spare tubes? which ones?
spanners, what and where do they fit?
I need to get geared up so help please. Not too fussed on the long weekend rides I'll be taking as time is plentiful..

As one who has splashed out on Alpina wheels......I've yet to have a puncture. In fact, I've only had one flat in over 9k miles, which was actually the fault of a new tyre (on the original tubed rims) and not an actual puncture. If you think how many flats you've had over the past 10 years, it's maybe really not worth worrying about.

If your worried put slime in the tube at least it will seal small holes like nails without losing too much pressure

Arrgh.

Altrider Crash Bars turned up today with the Barkbusters Hand Guards. In Black as ordered to match my black bike.

But all the mounting brackets and braces in both kits are silver alloy. :confused::eek::mad::blast

They'll need to be painted before fitment as it'll look crap. Even the Altrider reinforcement bar brackets (which are right on the side of the bike in amongst all the black bars joining them together.... are silver???)

Anyways, called store where I bought them from... and that's how they come.... Silver

So Hammerite All Metals Primer and Satin Smooth Black paint on order to do them myself. This is going to be a slooooow process. :blast

Attachments

• Bars.jpg
    Bars.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 660
Decided now to also paint my brake lever, as thats alloy silver (on a black bike) and I've bought 20 meters of black exhaust wrap to do my headers before the skid plate goes on.

This bike is going to look evil :D

God these things add up quickly don't they! Second round of extras to go on tomorrow, so thats:

Nav V mount added
heated grips
aux power socket
SW Motech rear rack and GSA top box
Painted the stock screen black
Wunderlich screen extender
Up draft deflector thing fitted (makes a HUGE difference, no more buffeting)
Barkbuster handguards
Rugged Roads lower engine bars
Termignoni full system
Termignoni Up-Map fuel controller
Stebel TM80 horn

About the up draft thing I mentioned, this is it. It does wonders!!

Attachments

• 22406245_10159513906115341_8934135070991022334_n.jpg
    22406245_10159513906115341_8934135070991022334_n.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 531

Back
Top Bottom