Africa Twin farkles list

few more bits added. Full Termi still isn't loud enough for me..... may have to go the SC Project route (if it works with Rugged Roads crash bars)

Quick question. Can you remove the DCT Clutch Oil Filter still, with those Rugged Roads crash bars in place?

Thats why I bought the Altrider Lower Crash Bars as you can still check oil levels and remove filters while not having to remove bars each time.

Does anyone know if the SC Project full ti system is road legal in the UK?
I know the mot garages don't check the dB levels but how about being pulled by the old bill? I guess it's a very loud system..

Does anyone know if the SC Project full ti system is road legal in the UK?
I know the mot garages don't check the dB levels but how about being pulled by the old bill? I guess it's a very loud system..

I'm going to say it's not, there's no cat for starters. There again, my full Arrow system hasn't a cat either, so I presume it isn't either....but then, I don't really mind or worry. There is a cat available for the Arrow if I get a conscience. :green gri

What old bill?!:D

I can’t remember the last time I saw plod pull over a car let alone a MBike!:augie

I think theres a switched live under the seat, i would take this option because the connector behind the clocks is a fooker to get too, side fairings off, front cowling off, i cannot understand why honda have made things so hard to get access to, I've stripped all the front plastics off to fit this plug and wire up 12v plug and oe fog switch.

see post 51...

shit no! Long, funny story to follow...Honda agreed to do the fitting out/wiring etc. I bought all the pieces needed, did the reading and had a sit down with their mechanic and service manager and all explained and agreed. Good start. I and am transferring a whole bunch of my kit from the GS. Key to the plan was light mounts or bars in this case as there is nowhere to mount lights unless you get bars etc. Anyhow, since the fairing would be off to connect the lights, switch, other power etc. bars, I ordered the Heed bars, which I then read that they wouldn't fit the DCT with a gear lever. So I spent a few days trying to source bars that would fit a dct and gear lever! Honda came back and said the givi bars would work. Only givi were out of stock and not sure when they would be back in circulation. So Honda suggested the Kappa bars..ordered. Got a call yesterday from Honda saying bike is nearly ready but the bars are causing a small issue with the DCT lever. 5 or 6
mm they said.
It would either need to be sent back or machined down a bits to work. I am now so ready for the bike I asked them to machine a bit away and make it good. I sent an e mail today enquiring as to progress and they haven't replied. The original agreement was for me to collect on Saturday (cant really get there in the week due to work hours), so fingers crossed.

Sounds like an Adventure before you've even started.

My bike is half ready as well. Got delay issues getting stuff from USA and Canada through International Customs. Stuff from China is getting to me quicker!!

Camel Adv Footpeg Shield is stuck in Customs for 2 weeks now. Needs exhaust removal to fit.

Only want to remove exhaust once, so can't fit Altrider lower bars, or skid plate until footpeg shield is delivered.

No point fitting Karoo3 off road tyres until rest of bike is ready for off road use.

So stuck at moment....

Quick question. Can you remove the DCT Clutch Oil Filter still, with those Rugged Roads crash bars in place?

Thats why I bought the Altrider Lower Crash Bars as you can still check oil levels and remove filters while not having to remove bars each time.

Yes, the Rugged Roads crashbars stay in place for all servicing - DCT clutch filter comes out easy.

shit no! Long, funny story to follow...Honda agreed to do the fitting out/wiring etc. I bought all the pieces needed, did the reading and had a sit down with their mechanic and service manager and all explained and agreed. Good start. I and am transferring a whole bunch of my kit from the GS. Key to the plan was light mounts or bars in this case as there is nowhere to mount lights unless you get bars etc. Anyhow, since the fairing would be off to connect the lights, switch, other power etc. bars, I ordered the Heed bars, which I then read that they wouldn't fit the DCT with a gear lever. So I spent a few days trying to source bars that would fit a dct and gear lever! Honda came back and said the givi bars would work. Only givi were out of stock and not sure when they would be back in circulation. So Honda suggested the Kappa bars..ordered. Got a call yesterday from Honda saying bike is nearly ready but the bars are causing a small issue with the DCT lever. 5 or 6
mm they said.
It would either need to be sent back or machined down a bits to work. I am now so ready for the bike I asked them to machine a bit away and make it good. I sent an e mail today enquiring as to progress and they haven't replied. The original agreement was for me to collect on Saturday (cant really get there in the week due to work hours), so fingers crossed.
Well I collected it today. Love the foot shifter. Omg is it smooth and no hassle moving hands. Feels quite natural now. But getting this thing on its oem centre stand is full on hernia stuff. Gs i could just stand on it. Had to try about 6 times!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well I collected it today. Love the foot shifter. Omg is it smooth and no hassle moving hands. Feels quite natural now. But getting this thing on its oem centre stand is full on hernia stuff. Gs i could just stand on it. Had to try about 6 times!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I find getting on the center stand quite easy but have a pannier frame to give a little tug with. They are very smooth and quick. Happy new bike day :aidan

I didn't get to speak to the service guys as they were closed. I can only feel a slight flattening of the surface on the bar at 5 o clock area. About 1, 5cm long-cant really be seen. Just in front of the lever as it curves. I think the 2 rubbed slightly/ It looks and feels good so I guess the chamfered it down a bit and coated it again.

Attachments

• farkle.jpg
    farkle.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 575
Thanks, i wish i had tried the givi lower bars, instead i bought the GSG Moto engine case protectors.

Sw motech sump guard

Hi Dazzle,

thinking of buying SW-Motech sump guard. I have Heed Bunker crash bars installed and I'm not sure sump guard will fit with them.
Would you be able to post some close ups on LH and RH engine as yours is DCT as well?

Thanks, i wish i had tried the givi lower bars, instead i bought the GSG Moto engine case protectors.

givi were out of stock with no idea of next production date. So these are the Kappa bars. Pretty nice finish and solid feeling. Not tested obv :)

Does anyone use a semi-permanently attached tailpack ? I hate the top box but when my wife pillions we need a 'backstop' Was thinking of a Kriega US10 or 20. ???

Davey I have sent motech system which has extended rack, perfect size for us 10or 20, then a quick release for givi treker that fits to rack in seconds.
Radar man I get some pictures of sump guard today :thumb2

Does anyone use a semi-permanently attached tailpack ? I hate the top box but when my wife pillions we need a 'backstop' Was thinking of a Kriega US10 or 20. ???

Davey. I use the Kriega OS12 as a semi permanent tail pack on my GS. It's worth considering the OS12 or OS18 rather than the US20 as they have straps more suited to fitting on a rear rack than the US range which are primarily designed to fit on the pillion seat. Both are completely waterproof and the other added advantage to the OS12/OS18 is that they have a rigid base and fit tightly to your bike even when not packed full meaning you can add and remove contents without having to adjust the straps every time.
Here is mine fitted on my GS rack.....

Attachments

• IMG_1627.jpg
    IMG_1627.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_1466.jpg
    IMG_1466.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 522

Back
Top Bottom