Africa Twin farkles list

Just spoken to my Honda dealer for an update, he checked the Honda dealer net and no updates on when Honda will start swopping out spokes or wheels, could do with knowing where Dobles are getting their info form ?

Its on one of several warrenty notices for the origional AT

Left switch gear : sticking set switch caused by swelling seal
Spokes [replacement wheels]
Heated grips [ replacement controller] : reported by purchasers as getting poor heat levels

Next stop Hilltop.
8d6611bcca3a8cbde9073b2a7d87f25a.jpg

Better luck than me!

Just spoken to my Honda dealer for an update, he checked the Honda dealer net and no updates on when Honda will start swopping out spokes or wheels, could do with knowing where Dobles are getting their info form ?

No Idea Den

Probably talking twoddle as usual !!

Rob

I've hardly mentioned it, and I have contacted them, a good few times!

Well I will keep my eyes open for updates on warranty stuff and keep checking with local dealer, thanks guys.

I'll have to bob mine in to the dealer....6mths old, 2k miles, rear wheel spokes nice and rusty. :rolleyes:

The dealer ACF50d it on its first service back in November...not ridden much since then. Hope the new model and its stainless ones fair better!

HOW MUCH ? :eek:
I'd rather strap a plastic 5 litre can on and spend the rest on riding it.

Fitted a Touratech Screen, which works fine for me wind / helmet vibration wise. Popped a bit of white vinyl on it too, which I like :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 17.27.26.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 17.27.26.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 324
Fitted a Touratech Screen, which works fine for me wind / helmet vibration wise. Popped a bit of white vinyl on it too, which I like :D

Same on mine, except I cut the upright lip off mine which improved the airflow massively....for me. :thumb2

Attachments

• B58E34B2-EE07-48D5-8C30-7D119017960E.jpg
    B58E34B2-EE07-48D5-8C30-7D119017960E.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 360
Fitted +30mm risers from SW-Motech which brings the bars to within a couple of mm’s of the ‘18 ATAS height. I did ask my dealer if the taller risers on the ATAS were available to buy, but not as yet. So as I’m heading off to Europe next month, these will do nicely. For me, they make a very comfortable difference and a lot cheaper than buying an ATAS....:thumb

Attachments

• ACE6D5F8-56B7-4532-A644-E47B7EEC8E70.jpg
    ACE6D5F8-56B7-4532-A644-E47B7EEC8E70.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 464
  • 0DC8EEDD-9A4F-4C7E-9F45-BF6F8FCEE02A.jpg
    0DC8EEDD-9A4F-4C7E-9F45-BF6F8FCEE02A.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 461
I may have missed it if someone has posted but...has anyone replaced the cat and plastic cover with a simple link pipe. It's the most annoying thing on the bike for me, I can't ride with the balls of my feet ion the pegs as my right heel snags...most annoying

They look good Davy
where you off to mate ? we are off on the 8th of July for an 8 day tour around France, Austria, Germany got a 2k route planned and rented a 5 bed house in Germany for 5 nights with big garage and pool cant bloody wait

Davey B I dont think anyone makes a simple y piece decat mate but there are cheap decat headers on ebay that work fine linky below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CRF1000L...875927&hash=item1ecca0002b:g:yD4AAOSwp1RZggB9

I’m off on July 4th for my ‘2018 Dambuster Tour’. Hull to Zeebrugge ferry then I’ll be visiting Guy Gibson’s grave, Overloon museum, Mohne & Eder Dams, SW Motech factory, Malmady/Bastogne, V1/V2 site in France and then Ypres to watch the last post ceremony before the Chunnel back to England for another night, swing through the Lake District before getting the ferry back to Belfast. :bounce1

They look good Davy
where you off to mate ? we are off on the 8th of July for an 8 day tour around France, Austria, Germany got a 2k route planned and rented a 5 bed house in Germany for 5 nights with big garage and pool cant bloody wait

Where abouts in Germany have you rented ??

Fitted +30mm risers from SW-Motech which brings the bars to within a couple of mm’s of the ‘18 ATAS height. I did ask my dealer if the taller risers on the ATAS were available to buy, but not as yet. So as I’m heading off to Europe next month, these will do nicely. For me, they make a very comfortable difference and a lot cheaper than buying an ATAS....:thumb

I got the SW motech on my 17 plate AT as soon as i got the bike but the 25mm ones in black, very comfy

Yeah but do the risers come with a DCT auto blipper ?

Back
Top Bottom