Africa Twin farkles list

Thats the reason I didn't get the SC project exhaust. Looks fantastic, but I wanted some crash protection (and passenger footpegs)

Well where did you get the information from that the SC Project exhaust wasn't compatible with crash bars? I read as much as I could find on the Internet (very little info around) and I asked Jonathan at rugged roads if the crash bars where compatible with the exhaust: he said they are. I've since phoned him back to let him know they aren't, and he sounded surprised and said other people had matched them up successfully..

As far as rear foot-pegs go, I was aware they aren't compatible but I'll get my dad to machine me up 2 short spacers to bring the footrest put a bit, then they'll fit (and I practically never carry a pillion).

Well where did you get the information from that the SC Project exhaust wasn't compatible with crash bars? I read as much as I could find on the Internet (very little info around) and I asked Jonathan at rugged roads if the crash bars where compatible with the exhaust: he said they are. I've since phoned him back to let him know they aren't, and he sounded surprised and said other people had matched them up successfully..

As far as rear foot-pegs go, I was aware they aren't compatible but I'll get my dad to machine me up 2 short spacers to bring the footrest put a bit, then they'll fit (and I practically never carry a pillion).

There was a chap on the Facebook page that had them, when I posted a picture up about getting them he said it made his Touratech lower and OEM upper bars redundant, they don't fit. He believed the Heed bars did though. I wasn't too keen on those and already had the Termignoni silencer, so just bought the Termi headers instead as I know they'll work with most bash plates and engine bars.

There was a chap on the Facebook page that had them, when I posted a picture up about getting them he said it made his Touratech lower and OEM upper bars redundant, they don't fit. He believed the Heed bars did though. I wasn't too keen on those and already had the Termignoni silencer, so just bought the Termi headers instead as I know they'll work with most bash plates and engine bars.

Funny, I ordered the heed bars just last night after finding out they fit.. Gonna send the rugged roads lower bars back to Jonathan at rugged roads.. Hopefully he will be fine with them being slightly used, after all, he was the one who sold them to me saying that they are compatible...

Funny, I ordered the heed bars just last night after finding out they fit.. Gonna send the rugged roads lower bars back to Jonathan at rugged roads.. Hopefully he will be fine with them being slightly used, after all, he was the one who sold them to me saying that they are compatible...

Well if he sold you both, and I believe he runs the SC exhaust on his bike that would seem fair!

Took the OEM hand guard off to install some Bark Busters and the bloody parking sensor contact just dropped out! Cannot get it to seat back properly. Its dark now, but I guess I might have to loosen a locking screw first then insert it again (well workshop manual mentions a locking screw and the need for loctite on it. Hoping the screw is actually still there, now that I think of it..)
#..Just rolled on out..P light now perm on..And to boot, my Holan panniers will no way in heaven fit on the right hand side. I think they've sent a wrong pair..more shit to sort out!

Took the OEM hand guard off to install some Bark Busters and the bloody parking sensor contact just dropped out! Cannot get it to seat back properly. Its dark now, but I guess I might have to loosen a locking screw first then insert it again (well workshop manual mentions a locking screw and the need for loctite on it. Hoping the screw is actually still there, now that I think of it..)
#..Just rolled on out..P light now perm on..And to boot, my Holan panniers will no way in heaven fit on the right hand side. I think they've sent a wrong pair..more shit to sort out!

Is it broken already?? :p

All I've fitted is an MRA screen and (when Rugged Roads got their act together and sent the correct one..) a centre stand. What a total bastard getting the 2 springs attached. Managed after 20 minutes of cursing. Just a Garmin to site now

Pics a bit grainy, but so far:

Nav V
Stebel horn
full termignoni and the UpMap tune
RR engine bars
Barkbusters
heated grips
SW motech luggage rack which now mounts the GSA top box
wunderlich screen extender and I sprayed the poem screen

On another note. Hurt my left hand Friday, enough it's quite painful to pull a clutch. Thank goodness for the DCT !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 17.47.06.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 17.47.06.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 408
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 17.47.41.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 17.47.41.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 428
Pics a bit grainy, but so far:

Nav V
Stebel horn
full termignoni and the UpMap tune
RR engine bars
Barkbusters
heated grips
SW motech luggage rack which now mounts the GSA top box
wunderlich screen extender and I sprayed the poem screen

On another note. Hurt my left hand Friday, enough it's quite painful to pull a clutch. Thank goodness for the DCT !

Off on a tangent I know but where does the UpMap plug into the bike and does it stay “on-board”?

Also how easy was it to download the maps?

Off on a tangent I know but where does the UpMap plug into the bike and does it stay “on-board”?

Also how easy was it to download the maps?

I have the unit perminently plugged in but thinking about it, I don’t see any reason too. Very simple process to download the map to the phone then o to the bike. I have no real proof it sorts the fueling though, just have to trust it works

I fitted barkbusters to mine a couple of nights ago and my parking brake light is permanently on now, but I don't know why! Can someone please take a photo of the underside of the lever and sensor area so I can see if mine is wrong please?.. I should have taken more notice before tinkering with it...

The bottom of the parking sensor

Attachments

• IMG_20171121_072945-1248x1664.jpg
    IMG_20171121_072945-1248x1664.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 387
Ball ache! I know the top of mine sprang away but managed to find it and work out how it goes back together, saying that, my parking brake is also now on permanently so I'm doing something wrong..

Just fitted Oxford heated grips last night, another shit job.. Will have to neaten the wires up somehow!! I'd have definitely got the honda ones fitted if they where not an absolutely disgraceful rip off!

jojitsu...try shortening or lengthening the cable as it will assert or relieve pressure on that switch. Oh and BTW the tech thinks the same flimsy switch is on the right brake, so if anyone does any work...be careful with the little pushrod thingy...On another note
I popped in to Chiswick Honda on the way home and they are going to replace my switch as a warranty issue. I didn't even go into the shop. Just saw the head tech who done the initial install of my dct and crash bars. So refreshing when the tech says straight out "that shouldn't happen. Must be am assembly issue. Let me see if we have one in stock. Comes back and says if you want it now, its £22, or if you can wait a few days its a warranty issue." so nice, after me having to please beg and promise all to BMW to get them to do warranty work! So it'll be done and repaired all good. Liking this Honda service...So of course I will try install my Barkbusters before it goes back so they can make sure the parking light/cable adjuster works with the little metal plate.

jojitsu...try shortening or lengthening the cable as it will assert or relieve pressure on that switch. Oh and BTW the tech thinks the same flimsy switch is on the right brake, so if anyone does any work...be careful with the little pushrod thingy...On another note
I popped in to Chiswick Honda on the way home and they are going to replace my switch as a warranty issue. I didn't even go into the shop. Just saw the head tech who done the initial install of my dct and crash bars. So refreshing when the tech says straight out "that shouldn't happen. Must be am assembly issue. Let me see if we have one in stock. Comes back and says if you want it now, its £22, or if you can wait a few days its a warranty issue." so nice, after me having to please beg and promise all to BMW to get them to do warranty work! So it'll be done and repaired all good. Liking this Honda service...So of course I will try install my Barkbusters before it goes back so they can make sure the parking light/cable adjuster works with the little metal plate.

That's good news for you, nice to hear.

I have tried altering the cable length with no joy.

The right brake: do you mean the front brake or the rear foot brake?

Cheers

That's good news for you, nice to hear.

I have tried altering the cable length with no joy.

The right brake: do you mean the front brake or the rear foot brake?

Cheers
Right front brake. Itll have similar cheese switches.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom