Any K16 Baggers out and about yet?

theop

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone ordered one?

Sold my first (14 reg) K16 last year ( for a GSA WC) and I have to secrtly admit I am missing it a lot and thinking about it frequently, which is rare for me. I love the GSA too and there are many things in daily terms that it does better than the K, but... its not the same. That magical 6 cyl engine has to be experienced again... so I m thinking of a Bagger (bugger) to buy, and keep forever as a garage queen.

Thoughts?

Anyone ordered one?

Sold my first (14 reg) K16 last year ( for a GSA WC) and I have to secrtly admit I am missing it a lot and thinking about it frequently, which is rare for me. I love the GSA too and there are many things in daily terms that it does better than the K, but... its not the same. That magical 6 cyl engine has to be experienced again... so I m thinking of a Bagger (bugger) to buy, and keep forever as a garage queen.

Thoughts?

Agree on the sweet engine. But it's fooking expensive and heavy.

Doesn't do it for me, looked at one at Linds Norwich and I speak as a previous K1600Gt owner.

Anyone ordered one?

Thoughts?

It looks hideous IMHO.

I quite like the GT but put off by the fact it seems to be covered in 6s everywhere to remind you how many fucking cylinders it's got,and I'm also not very happy to pay £20k for something that may well start corroding before it leaves the showroom.
Plus my local dealer is utter utter shite and I'll never use them again,having had a bad experience buying a Turban from them.

Hang on and look at the new 'Wing which is launched next month in Milan ? Unless you like the Bagger look,for some reason.I'm sure BMW have only built it to try and tap into the Merkin market.

Honda do the Bagger version of the Wing,the F6C :

GoldWingF6B_2016_10.jpg

I'm sure they'll do a new version based on the all new Wing,though I guess not till 2019 ish.

A BMW is not a 'bagger/cruiser' type bike. They've tried it before with a hidious outcome.

Had a chat with a owner yesterday, he loves it. Looks better in flesh, very confy. Better looking than an HD and you don’t need a fucking beard:augie
At least you can leave it parked up in Central London:D

I've seen a couple at Wollastons, Northampton. I think they have a demo?

Actually look OK in the flesh, but it seems Honda are set to launch the 2018 GL1600B (bagger) later this month, so there could be some stiff competition - This catagory makes a style statement, as do the HD tourers, but they all seem way too expensive to me these days. I think I shall stick with my old 2006 Electraglide.

I saw one on the road yesterday, and it looked quite cool. I won't be buying one though!:D

I saw one on the road yesterday, and it looked quite cool. I won't be buying one though!:D
5 of us rode from Scalea to Munich last week. Two 1600 GTs the B + the GTL and a Duc. The B is bloody uncomfortable is what I found. We swapped around to give its equally tall owner a break. It looks ok, wouldn't buy one though.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Wait until you drop it on its side. That'll be expensive, with its built in panniers. But if you like it, can afford one, lust after it, why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom