BMW Insurance - Equity pulling out of some areas

So, for not the first time, an insurer - due to bad claims experience / charging too low premiums - pulls out of insuring bikes in certain post codes (or out of insuring motorbikes at all) and you expect the sap insurer that is foolish enough to fill the void that's left, to do it for less?

I can see a bright future for you as the CFO and chief strategic advisor to the board of the newly formed, Iran Iraq Friendly Mutual, when they launch their online website 'By bikers, for bikers'.

Actually it's insuring certain bikes in certain postcodes. But yes you've got the gist. What I was expecting was a competetive quote.

Initial Quote - £250.
Renewal £600.

Others ins co's looking at this bike for this Area. i.e the same risk.

£400.

Also, by your logic most ins co's would have gone out of business by now. For my car insurance, as I get older and the car gets older and worth less, the premium has gone. Yes you guessed it down.

Strange how direct line, admiral, Axa and many other insurance companies who've offered this strange thing of, known as "what you are insuring is less risky and worth less so we'll charge you less"

otherwise known as managing or underwriting risk.

But hey clearly you're the insurance expert and must be the CTO and adviser of "Regardless of the Risk , charge them more...Inc"

So final result.

Disk lock with reasonable price and thatham approval. Oxford Big Boss, cheapest place amazon, £35 vs £50 elsewhere.

After trying confused and compare, tried thebikeinsurer.

who were not the cheapest but tried their price match guarantee saved £5, but much more importantly halved the excess. Which was a good deal as far as I was concerned. Further update was that it's not just Equity that have stopped insuring GS's inside "London" so it looks like the GS is going to be increasingly expensive to insure. Which is a pain in the wallet.

Back
Top Bottom