New Model Insurance

Lucky08

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just picked up a new GSA Rallye but had to insure it through the 5 day complimentary BMW insurance scheme as the bike isn't recognised by any of the main insurers or comparison sites. Anyone had a similar experience or got any tips for overcoming this?

Just picked up a new GSA Rallye but had to insure it through the 5 day complimentary BMW insurance scheme as the bike isn't recognised by any of the main insurers or comparison sites. Anyone had a similar experience or got any tips for overcoming this?

I’ve just renewed through confused / Bennetts and they had it listed

Phone up a few insurance companies.

Start with the ones that offered the best cover on the standard model - no reason why they shouldnt do the same for the Rallye

I had the same.
My bike was delivered over a week ago and still is not recognised by any comparison websites or insurance

Im waiting mine to be delivered, and doing some online quotes.

Same here, not recognised. Im putting it down as a GSA TE for the quotes.

Yes, I just followed manual search and choose a bike from drop down list.

If I’m right was BMW R1200GS Adventure Triple Black 2012-on

I looked at doing it that way, it comes out the same price as the std GSA TE.

Did it not come up if you entered the reg number?

I also got new Rallye ..... insured with Adelaide/Cornmarket ... young guy says no such model rang dealer and he confirmed its 2018 RaLLye and all was good apart from the kick in the nads that was £80 increase on premium

Had this in 2015 when I had the first MT09 Tracer to be sold by my local Yam dealer. Carole Nash was my broker at the time and their system had not got the bike on their database. They rang the underwriter and got the bike on cover without difficulty.
At renewal time 3 months later I stuck with CN as the bike was still not appearing on Confused.com etc.

Any bike, new model or special, should be insurable. You just need a broker willing to earn their commission if the computer says no first time.

All sorted with the Rallye GSA. Spoke to Carole Nash who just called the underwriter and got me a deal, which was half the price Bennetts quoted telling me it "was a new bike" and therefore a premium to match! I would be a bit worried if I had insured it using the Triple Black cover; knowing how difficult some insurers can be if the worst happens.

I ended up using the company that does my business insurance. The underwriters checked the model etc, and now fully insured!!

Panic over...lol

Hi guys, what are you paying.? I bought a 2017 Rallye & my quotes went from less than £300 to £700 this year, which I thought was pathetic as been running multiple bikes for years with 9 years Ncb..
Went with Carole Nash as couldn’t be doing with other companies having to wait for so long to speak to a representative, Devitt take note

If yours is the current model triple black, you’ve insured the wrong bike, as yours is 2016 on. 2012 on is the Twin Cam Triple Black GSA.

But there was no option for 2016 Triple Black.
Only Adventure TE or Triple Black 2012 -on
Even now when I checked on Bennetts website by reg number it is showing TB 2012-on

Back
Top Bottom