emailing with Yahoo Mail and Windows 10

John Roberts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm emailing an account of a recent holiday to a friend and have got rather carried away inasmuch as I am now writing it as a record for myself. At a guess there could be six sides of A4 of writing and so far there are fifteen pictures, perhaps a total of a couple of dozen by the time I finish.

Not sure why but it's just ocurred to me that there might be a problem sending an email of this size, the screen froze for about five minutes and then everything carried on as normal, is there any reason to be worried that I could lose it all before sending? If it simply fails to send (or get delivered) then I could cut it down to smaller individual emails but if there might be trouble ahead I'd like to know about it sooner rather than later, before wasting more time on it. Please?

25MB

Message size limit. You can send and receive emails up to 25MB in size with Yahoo Mail. This means that the total encoded size of the email message you're sending can't exceed 25MB. Attachments sent with emails have to be encoded into a format other email programs can read.

Great, thanks for that. Is it possible to find out how many MBs I've used so far?

The txt you have written will be bugger all in size the photos on the other hand can be reasonably large in comparison, if using a pc just hover the mouse pointer over the picture it should display the size or right click and go to properties. you can of course send the pictures a couple at a time if they exceed the limit.

All I see when hovering the mouse pointer over the photo is the four-pointed arrow that you use to move the image about. As it happens you can't actually move it about, only change the size by dragging, I only mention it in passing. On the positive side, what I did was to Copy & Paste it to Word and found that it was 8.09 MB, so I'll just carry on and pop a few more photos and text, should be fine. One reason that the total is lower than expected is that I dragged them smaller after putting them in the email, there are two or sometimes three in the width of the page, depending on the orientation (portrait or landscape).

Thank you folks. :beerjug:

PS re right clicking on the image- that only brings options like Resize, Copy, Cut, Delete up. Anyway, all sorted now. I hope ...

Oh for fuck's sake, the whole lot has disappeared! Looked in the Sent, the Draft as well as the Trash folder. Gone.

Not all is lost however, after checking the MBs used I still have the copy in Word, done a fair bit more work on it since but at least I still have 80% of the whole.

Can anyone tell me where it's gone and whether it's retrievable?

if you have a picture on your desktop or in a folder somewhere on your pc before you have actually attached it to an email and you do as i said above it will give you the size i assure you.

Why would you write an important document on line? Lose the link and it’s gone.
If you manage to recover your text (look in Drafts or Sent) copy it to MS Word and save it to your hard disc.
Word is stable with up to 25 images (emojis count as images).

Try searching for a text string within the document let’s say you went to “Pyrenees” type that into the search and see what the computer finds. Do same with your email.

Back
Top Bottom