Swing arm replacement.

It’s easy, if your swing arm has never been off before you should heat up the bolts to loosen the loctite, I did one last week in a couple of hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes straight forward job although can be a fiddle getting the final drive splines to line up the first time you do it.

Front rubber gaiter and large circlip that holds it in place can be fun fitting ..

i struggled to get the driveshaft rubber gaiter over the lip on the gearbox when i did mine last week. im still not sure its on there properly - didnt see any circlip or any other means of holding it on either!

i struggled to get the driveshaft rubber gaiter over the lip on the gearbox when i did mine last week. im still not sure its on there properly - didnt see any circlip or any other means of holding it on either!

The circlip holds the rubber gaitor in place on the swingarm... It fits inside the gaitor holding it in a recess in the swingarm. It's not for holding the gaitor onto the gearbox.

The circlip holds the rubber gaitor in place on the swingarm... It fits inside the gaitor holding it in a recess in the swingarm. It's not for holding the gaitor onto the gearbox.

ah, that makes sense. couldnt think where a circlip would work with the gaitor-gearbox joint.

i dont think mine is properly over the lip, struggled with it for a while and decided that maybe I would rather see oil leaking out of the gearbox 'shelf' and know there was a failed seal, rather than have it run down and pool inside the swing arm...

ah, that makes sense. couldnt think where a circlip would work with the gaitor-gearbox joint.

i dont think mine is properly over the lip, struggled with it for a while and decided that maybe I would rather see oil leaking out of the gearbox 'shelf' and know there was a failed seal, rather than have it run down and pool inside the swing arm...

If it's not fitted over the gearbox water will get in the swingarm and feck up the driveshaft.

Want to see some pictures of a driveshaft that's been ridden while immersed in water. :D

If it's not fitted over the gearbox water will get in the swingarm and feck up the driveshaft.

Want to see some pictures of a driveshaft that's been ridden while immersed in water. :D

yes get some photos up lol

Back
Top Bottom