Bordeaux Transport 18

(RIP) Andy007

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good day to you all

I hope this e-mail finds you in good health and looking for another opportunity for adventure in 2018, I have today secured two trucks for next year’s trip the outlined dates are below.

Over the last 2 months a great amount of interest has been shown in next year’s transport so I can’t stress enough how important it is to contact me as soon as you know you are able to go as I’m expecting spaces to fill up fast.
As of this morning 14 places have been taken, there are 18 places per truck.

So here is the general plan.
Transport
Saturday 9th June18 Load the bikes in Belfast

Wednesday13th June 18 Bikes will arrive in Bordeaux in the early hours and be available from 8am and throughout the day depending on individual travel plans.
Thursday 21st June 18 The bikes will be required to be back at the trucks for loading Time TBC,

Sunday 24th June 18 Bikes will be available for collection in Belfast from 10am – 12noon.

Cost
£400 per bike, a deposit of £150 to be paid ASAP to secure your place, this will be based on a first come first served basis and a reserve list will then operate. The balance of £250 is to be paid by 1st April 2018. Payment via PayPal to my email address

What to do now

Contact me directly to show your interest and secure your place / places ASAP, with the following info

Bike type, Phone No, e-mail address (if I don’t have it) if you’re in a group could I ask one of you to take the lead and give me all the info of your fellow travelers.

Flights.

Outbound
Aer Lingus Dublin to Bordeaux Tue 12th 1300 – 1605 EI506 or Wed 13th 0600 – 0900 EI502.

Easyjet Belfast to Bordeaux Wed 13th 1015 – 1315 EZY6681

Return

Aer Lingus Fri 22nd 1635 – 1735 EI507.

Easyjet Sat 23rd 1050 – 1155 EZY6682

Once you have your flights booked please let me know the details so I can arrange the airport transfers.

Hotel (were the trucks are parked)
Booking Info to follow

Contact details boltoa1@hotmail.co.uk or 07773846146
Andy Bolton

Thread stickified for you Andy. :thumb2

For those of you considering this, please be assured that the whole operation of loading and unloading the bikes is as good as I have ever seen. Superbly well organised, friendly and efficient bearing in mind that this is just a regular guy getting up off his arse and doing something positive for other riders. In fact, I cannot recommend Andys transport offer highly enough. Just do it....................

Update
The first truck is now full.

There is a second truck available and will only run if a minimum of 16 places are taken up on it.

So I will now collate names of anyone interested, each person will need to pay a refundable deposit of £150 (refundable if the truck does not go) a cut off date will be set in the new year.

Cheers

Andy

Good evening
I have had one guy drop out today due to unforeseen circumstances.

So there is one place up for grabs.

Cheers Andy

Hi all
One more faller, so two places now up for grabs

Please contact me ASAP if you’re interested

Another Unqualified Success

Hi Andy,
Just a quick word of thanks to you and the team for doing the business.
Another (3rd time for us) very easy and stress free journey accomplished.
The return jump to Bordeaux by lorry transport definitely makes for a better all round experience in doing European bike runs / hols.
Cheers mate,
William / Christine.
:beerjug:

Glad you two got home safe and sound :thumb2

I'd like to second that, had a brilliant trip. Like William said, the whole thing was excellently organised and stress free. I went to the Pyrenees, did the N260 along the Spanish side and came back on the French side, loaded the bike on the truck in Bordeaux and flew home. Effortless :beerjug: Big thanks to Andy and Tommy :clap

Some of those mountain passes were fantastic! Col de Pourtalet:

Attachments

• Portalet2.jpg
    Portalet2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 291
Cheers Arthur - home safe but totally knackered on Saturday.
Great the 750 worked out well. Nice pic.
We enjoyed your company very much - it was a pleasant outing with nice folks.
Keep safe until the next run and hopefully we’ll meet up again.

Wm. Chr.

Another well-organised trip - to Bordeaux this time!

Hi Andy et al
Many thanks for your efforts and the successful organisation of the bikes’ transport and hotel for the trip.
Second time we did this, and better time of year than our first try (Geneva trip).
Very good if you've not done too much Europe before, and don't have to ride across UK before you start!
Son Sam and I enjoyed our rides out (Pyrenees, Barcelona, Toulouse, Tarn Valley) and completed a modest 1400mls by the time we finished.
Biking confidence definitely improved!

John & Sam

Hi all,

Eventually getting time to get on here! I would like to thank Andy and the team for yet another year of first class service. This is now my third time and it just gets smoother every time. This year was my first year with a pillion but it was the best years travelling so far. Managed to cover over 2100 miles and see many amazing sites. Here is a link to an album with just some of the pics lol: and as they say a picture is better than 1000 words!

Album Link Here

Back
Top Bottom