Rear Sub Frame - what's it off ? Bit of a mystery!

Roger Chatterton

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have a look at the pics, - can anyone suggest or even identify which model of bike it has come off? I bought it as fitting an R100 GS ('93 era), but this frame has, I now realise, some extra non-standard bits.
There is an odd bracket/flange on the top rail, R/H side, near where it would join the main frame,
it has lugs for the indicators which are certainly not designed to fit the standard 100GS indicator arms- on this sub frame they point downwards!!!
Shows colour code 959 (could be 656 I suppose?),

It certainly feels heavier than standard , maybe slightly heavier duty tubing- maybe made to carry heavier panniers?

Help much appreciated - frame is currently with Mikeyboy, and I'd like to know , as I need to decide if it's worth paying to get it powder coated, along with other bits from my PD.
Thanks for any help, :thumb2
Roger

Attachments

• Extras - 059.jpg
    Extras - 059.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 359
  • Extras - 064.jpg
    Extras - 064.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 310
  • Extras - 065.jpg
    Extras - 065.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 312
  • Extras - 068.jpg
    Extras - 068.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 367
R80 / 100 R Mystique is likely with the subframe colour

Thanks Dr Farkoff - Do you mean the Mystic ? I'll follow up on that. I have checked with Motobins old parts book, via Colour Codes, but couldn't find that 959 Code. Anyhow, thanks for the suggestion - good starting point! :beer:

Rubber Gromits for side panels is the thing I noticed just after the silver frame for part 5 the side panels on the REAL OEM site

Mystic Mystik Mystique depending which language you are working in :aidan

BM seem to favour Mystik on the REAL OEM site

Mystic/R100R Classic would have been my guess too, but the above posters are far more BM savvy than me and have already
Confirmed my thoughts......

It'll fit the R100GS Paralever I think...(But could be wrong)

OK -thanks for the replies - And I ought to have said "Colour Code 656" - NOT 959 .....well I'm old and allowed to get confused :rob:rob:rob

So I'll be looking for Mystic/Mystique (!) , R80 or possibly R100R. All desirable bikes of course! So might well be worth getting cleaned up and powder coated.
Time for a bit of further hunting, but I now have an idea of what I'm looking for.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom