New Supercharged SX on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was interested to see if the GT had anything to worry about but feck me it's even heavier than my AT dct !

I like it in black tho, black is only available in standard spec and its 4kg lighter still heavy bus, if launch control is like every car I've driven where as after several launches it needs a new gearbox and clutch pack and the xdiavel I used had launch and being Italian it just didn't seem right to dump the clutch in case it went horrible wrong .

I need a dash to tell me the speed and how much fuel I have left, cornering lights are a novelty and add no value, if the upgrade se was £1k it may be worth the upgrade but £3k

I was interested to see if the GT had anything to worry about but feck me it's even heavier than my AT dct !

I like it in black tho, black is only available in standard spec and its 4kg lighter still heavy bus, if launch control is like every car I've driven where as after several launches it needs a new gearbox and clutch pack and the xdiavel I used had launch and being Italian it just didn't seem right to dump the clutch in case it went horrible wrong .

I need a dash to tell me the speed and how much fuel I have left, cornering lights are a novelty and add no value, if the upgrade se was £1k it may be worth the upgrade but £3k

Have you ridden a bike with cornering lights?
You'll change that statement very quickly once you do.

Ding Dong,you are talking bollox.Why compare the H2 SX with the AT ? Ridiculous.

It's all about personal taste.For me the black looks very ordinary compared to the green/black of the SE.Have you seen the bikes in the flesh to make a valid comparison ?

The SE comes with launch control.It may be a gimmick but it may be useful to get 207bhp of bike on the move ? :rob

Having used a TFT dash on my 1290,I much prefer all the info available on the SE dash compared to the standard bike.

And the cornering lights on my 1290 are brilliant.Makes it much safer at night .Bring it on.

I was interested in the 1290GT,and had one on order in 2016 before my dealer had problems sourcing one and I switched to a 1290 Adv R.I assumed they would update the 2018 bike to the new headlight and TFT,but they haven't bothered.

I much prefer the look of the H2 anyway,and the extra 50bhp will be useful.:blagblah

Totally agree that the SE seems pricey over the standard bike but it has to be green,plus the SE is only £15500 for me so better than I had expected.

Yes I have my multi and my GT has cornering lights and there exceptional however I managed fine without them, like I said if its correct £3k difference is ridiculous.

Ding Dong,you are talking bollox.Why compare the H2 SX with the AT ? Ridiculous.

The SE comes with launch control.It may be a gimmick but it may be useful to get 207bhp of bike on the move ? :rob

Totally agree that the SE seems pricey over the standard bike but it has to be green,plus the SE is only £15500 for me so better than I had expected.

Seeing as the bikes are fixed at the shows so that you cannot get a feel for the weight, I was comparing the weights to something you might be able to relate to and as such the H2 is quite heavy.

If Launch is activated very much like the ducati, you have to spend 5 minutes going through the menus, you will try it once and probably never use it again.

Yes, you get a great saving .

Arsey.. Nice bike, I’ll be looking at one at the NEC Monday for/with my mate, shame the Urban has gone though, I luv mine..
After experiencing Bmw service hospitality recently/still ongoing, I may look elsewhere..
I’ve had Green bikes before, I would again

Arsey.. Nice bike, I’ll be looking at one at the NEC Monday for/with my mate, shame the Urban has gone though, I luv mine..
After experiencing Bmw service hospitality recently/still ongoing, I may look elsewhere..
I’ve had Green bikes before, I would again

Loved the Turban but not the pain it gave me.And had bad experience with local dealer,after a 9 year gap since last new BMW.
Will never use the, again .Arrogant twats.

Loved the Turban but not the pain it gave me.And had bad experience with local dealer,after a 9 year gap since last new BMW.
Will never use the, again .Arrogant twats.

Haha, in my reply to BMW customer service I used ‘condescending’ but arrogant would have been accurate

I had a look at one today at the NEC and won’t be ordering one. It simply didn’t have anything about it visually that made me think it was a bike I wanted. No doubt the engine will be a belter but that’s not enough for me now I’m older and a bit less interested in out and out power.

I had a look at one today at the NEC and won’t be ordering one. It simply didn’t have anything about it visually that made me think it was a bike I wanted. No doubt the engine will be a belter but that’s not enough for me now I’m older and a bit less interested in out and out power.

Ha ha, I too , have tried kidding myself, it's not about the power now I'm getting on a bit; but to be honest, itsthe only new bike I could see , as a direct replacement for the mothership; and if I could get over 20yrs , and nearly a 100,000 miles out of one, like my ZZR; it will be cheap at the price. There's nothing that looks remotely like it, or has the built like a fuckin fast tank build , that could carry 2 of us , and kit all over the place. It's looking like a goer at £15'000 .

Ha ha, I too , have tried kidding myself, it's not about the power now I'm getting on a bit; but to be honest, itsthe only new bike I could see , as a direct replacement for the mothership; and if I could get over 20yrs , and nearly a 100,000 miles out of one, like my ZZR; it will be cheap at the price. There's nothing that looks remotely like it, or has the built like a fuckin fast tank build , that could carry 2 of us , and kit all over the place. It's looking like a goer at £15'000 .

If I was bothered about having a rocket on wheels I’d have bought the sports version of the H2 when it came out but I’ve gradually lost interest in speed over the last 3 years or so. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still give every bike I buy a top speed run but the idea of blasting across Germany at warp speed is one of those been there, done that things that I can’t be arsed with now.

I never thought I’d admit to that one!

I am a big Kawa fan but the fast sport tourer range have crap fairings. They are into the low sleek look and fec wind protection.
If you are going to use this bike for long trips I think this would be an issue.
In the promo vid they have model type rider and passenger snugged down.
People dont ride like that for long periods.
So it will be a stonking Sunday morning bike.

Attachments

• Ninja_H2_SX_SE_02.jpg
    Ninja_H2_SX_SE_02.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 260
I really like that.

Liked my ZZR performance sport as well.

But that Supercharger Whine.... yum

What are the service intervals like, and costs... I wonder?

Seen it in the flesh yesterday, really nice bike.. Road test coming up ASAP

Me too. Far better fit & finish than I had expected. Luggage a bit restricted maybe, with no top box option, but panniers fit pretty tight with the single sided swing arm.

Probably hard going as a tourer, certainly 2-up. Hopefully we shall get some test reports soon; not that excited journos opinions count for much. Probably best to reserve judgement until we can take one out on test, in the real world.

I didn’t think it had the luggage capacity to be much use as a 2 up tourer unless long weekends are your limit or you like washing clothing in the sink which kind of limits it to being a toy to be purchased purely for the supercharger and the entertainment that comes with it. Now that’s not a bad thing per se but if I’m limiting myself to short trips where warp speed is the overwhelming factor I’ll go back to a full on sports bike and a Kriega rucksack.

The panniers are also shaped for aerodynamic performance rather than ease of use so chuck them away rather than spend ages trying to use vacuum bags to tuck dirty socks into small spaces in the corners :D

I didn’t think it had the luggage capacity to be much use as a 2 up tourer unless long weekends are your limit or you like washing clothing in the sink which kind of limits it to being a toy to be purchased purely for the supercharger and the entertainment that comes with it. Now that’s not a bad thing per se but if I’m limiting myself to short trips where warp speed is the overwhelming factor I’ll go back to a full on sports bike and a Kriega rucksack.

The panniers are also shaped for aerodynamic performance rather than ease of use so chuck them away rather than spend ages trying to use vacuum bags to tuck dirty socks into small spaces in the corners :D

The panniers are the same as have been available for the standard SX and the Versys for the last few years.

They aren't the biggest and the shape doesn't aid packing but they are ok.
I'm sure someone like SW Motech will bring out a rear rack option once the bike is launched.
I'll be taking mine to Asturias next year and also two up on shorter trips with the g/f,but she's quite compact.Her arse certainly is anyway
love-smiley-077.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom