New Supercharged SX on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Supposedly being revealed at Milan next month !!

MCN YTS spotty yoof mock up :

e5169f98c06423869cd5c5b8540dba2d.png

730c762fff5eb3e66ff899db1fa6e867.png

I like that ,and the colour combo

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AZXs5ZIeDj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deposit placed? :D

Trade the moped in against one. :thumb

45403e58ddb82c3735d68ddd3acfd821.png

Milan...you going this year? I loved it last year and Birmingham seemed very second rate after. Doing Thursday/Friday this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like a pretty poor photoshop job. MCN creation? See what turns up I guess. More interested in Ducati press day which is happening very soon.

45403e58ddb82c3735d68ddd3acfd821.png

Milan...you going this year? I loved it last year and Birmingham seemed very second rate after. Doing Thursday/Friday this year.

Looks like a pretty poor photoshop job. MCN creation? See what turns up I guess. More interested in Ducati press day which is happening very soon.

Not going this year as need to be around to slot back into the day job.
Planning on nipping up to the NEC as g/f lives an hour away.

Yes that Kwak is just an MCN photoshop but the concept is interesting.

I would like to see all the tech features for touring without a 200bhp engine which will realistically be unusable in everyday life. I'd happily drop 50bhp for low down grunt any day of the week. I'm not against speed, I used to have a ZZR11 and it way awesome, but I kind of find it hard to even imagine anyone using this kind of performance on the busy roads we have in the UK, and on the quieter stretches the average riders brain simply cannot keep up with the horizon hurtling towards then at up to 200mph!

Oh, and £23k is also a shed load of money for a bike.

James

My GSA has 125 rear wheel HP. Loads of torque. But I still wish it had more :) The 1290 won't be 'real world' any faster, but if more power was offered most would take it. My old HP4 was supposed to be 193bhp. It could do 95 in second before the limiter cut in. Only time the power got used was on track and that was only a few occasions. On the road it didn't get used very often, but it was nice to know it was there. Age old argument really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to see all the tech features for touring without a 200bhp engine which will realistically be unusable in everyday life. I'd happily drop 50bhp for low down grunt any day of the week. I'm not against speed, I used to have a ZZR11 and it way awesome, but I kind of find it hard to even imagine anyone using this kind of performance on the busy roads we have in the UK, and on the quieter stretches the average riders brain simply cannot keep up with the horizon hurtling towards then at up to 200mph!

Oh, and £23k is also a shed load of money for a bike.

James

Why would the engine be unusable in everyday life ?? The article says the H2 engine has been re-worked for mid-range punch and to deliver amazing fuel economy.Sounds very usable to me.

The current ZZR1400 has been making similar power for years and is totally usable.

My GSA has 125 rear wheel HP. Loads of torque. But I still wish it had more :) The 1290 won't be 'real world' any faster, but if more power was offered most would take it. My old HP4 was supposed to be 193bhp. It could do 95 in second before the limiter cut in. Only time the power got used was on track and that was only a few occasions. On the road it didn't get used very often, but it was nice to know it was there. Age old argument really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good going as all the new GS/GSAs only seem to make 116 ish after a full Hilltop.

Why would the engine be unusable in everyday life ?? The article says the H2 engine has been re-worked for mid-range punch and to deliver amazing fuel economy.Sounds very usable to me.

The current ZZR1400 has been making similar power for years and is totally usable.

That's good going as all the new GS/GSAs only seem to make 116 ish after a full Hilltop.

It did not translate quite how I meant it - I was talking about the 200bhp top end rather than the engine it's self. Most of the time people are probably using less than half the engines power - my argument is they will seldom if ever use the full power for any more than seconds at a time - just to scare themselves - so I'd rather have 150bhp and more bottom/mid range to use all day long rather than an "extra" 50bhp I'd probably never use, as top end speed on one of these is irrelevant in real life off the track and you can only accelerate so fast before the electronics try to save your life.

Don't read this as me saying let's all restrict power, I'm just saying for me it gets to a point it's just not worth having for the way and what I ride - or I would not have bought a GS, I'd have got another ZZR.

Incidentally - my GS has just been hilltopped for improved bottom end, at the top it's still only 108bhp at the back wheel, so I'd still see the point in gaining more from this if you wanted to as I kind of see 140/150bhp from a bike as kind of "all I'd ever need" - I'm sure others will disagree.

As for people claiming to "hammer" their bike everywhere, they are simply kidding themselves - as ChrisA states above - "95 in second before the limiter cuts in"! I used to ride fast on the ZZR11 on occasion, and TBH I could not hold it open for any more than a few seconds at a time as I just ran out of road, and on the twisty stuff I did not have the skill or stamina to keep it up for more than a few miles at a time either - others did more, but frequently crashed!

James

Not selling the moped !!! Akra arriving tomorrow (probably) and it's going to the Sarf of France next year !!!

Might bin the 1290 for a Superduper Kwak though !!

It's OK for you not having to pay rip off VAT. A huge saving.

It did not translate quite how I meant it - I was talking about the 200bhp top end rather than the engine it's self. Most of the time people are probably using less than half the engines power - my argument is they will seldom if ever use the full power for any more than seconds at a time - just to scare themselves - so I'd rather have 150bhp and more bottom/mid range to use all day long rather than an "extra" 50bhp I'd probably never use, as top end speed on one of these is irrelevant in real life off the track and you can only accelerate so fast before the electronics try to save your life.

Don't read this as me saying let's all restrict power, I'm just saying for me it gets to a point it's just not worth having for the way and what I ride - or I would not have bought a GS, I'd have got another ZZR.

Incidentally - my GS has just been hilltopped for improved bottom end, at the top it's still only 108bhp at the back wheel, so I'd still see the point in gaining more from this if you wanted to as I kind of see 140/150bhp from a bike as kind of "all I'd ever need" - I'm sure others will disagree.

As for people claiming to "hammer" their bike everywhere, they are simply kidding themselves - as ChrisA states above - "95 in second before the limiter cuts in"! I used to ride fast on the ZZR11 on occasion, and TBH I could not hold it open for any more than a few seconds at a time as I just ran out of road, and on the twisty stuff I did not have the skill or stamina to keep it up for more than a few miles at a time either - others did more, but frequently crashed!

James

The torque figure is what matters and a supercharger will make this fantastic giving it a huge amount of grunt

Hopefully the actuality will be better than the MCN photoshop job - sounds interesting.

BUT ....... £20-23K for a Kwak; I think not. Every time I have dabbled on the green side, I have felt the chill wind of severe depreciation on my wallet. Don't get me wrong, perfectly good bikes, just not at this pricepoint.

And here it is !! Think I prefer MCN’s rendition above in white and green .
The front end/screen looks s bit bloaty!!
Will take a look Friday at the show

428df46408ff0da26489a2f9e8dcf43d.jpg

18406261bb8056a89241a1f75f2a92bc.jpg

97781df7b14d0ccf3b1e43bbac5a74bb.jpg

92d9635c665d5ec864c64b0f2c08ab9c.jpg

Not going this year as need to be around to slot back into the day job.
Planning on nipping up to the NEC as g/f lives an hour away.

Yes that Kwak is just an MCN photoshop but the concept is interesting.

Will you stay more than an hour this time.

That bike looks like and ER6 with Kryten onboard has rear ended an H2 :barf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom