RDGA Footage

Nice vid !

But at 1.47 you do realise you rode past that cafe at the Lac de Roseland that does the best savoyarde omelette in the Alps !

Go on, give us a clue to what the RDGA is.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Go on, give us a clue to what the RDGA is.

More to the point is what it contains, some of the best passes anywhere in the Alps all strung together in a convenient line, even the bad stretches are good compared to anything the UK has to offer, ridden it twice now (once each way) and will head back next year to do some of the best bits (The middle section IMO)

Ahh, brill thank you.
An initial google search brought up some Golf club in Rochester!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Nice vid. , always makes me want to go back and do it again, still one of the best bike trips you can do.....

Nice vid. , always makes me want to go back and do it again, still one of the best bike trips you can do.....

Yup totally agree.

There are better roads for pure riding pleasure,there are a few places where the scenery can compete but for a combination of both roads and scenery,the RDGA is the best riding experience in Europe.

I know many will have their own opinions (and although they are wrong I do respect them) but the best bit is the high passes in the middle, and Cormet des Roseland.

If you hang out in (or near) Barcelonnette for a few nights then there are a good variety of routes you can do by looping East or West, I think much further south of La Bnnette it gets a bit a dull (towards the Coast) and North of Roseland the quality drops (and the traffic increases) but I think everyone should ride the entire route at least once - in each direction and make up their own mind.

Also worth stopping for a couple of nights somewhere on the 7 pass loop around Mont Blanc, we like Bourg St Maurice but other locations are available, this allows you to do the 7 pass loop around Mont Blanc, possibly one of the best days riding you can have in the Alps.

Back
Top Bottom