KTM 1290S Super Adventure Insurance Quote

Nick Marshall

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guess there not the cheapest thing to insure.

Standard bike.
63 years old.
16 year protected ncb.
Brick garage.
No alarm.
No padlocks.
Shropshire.
£250 excess.

Carole Nash Quoted £530 last night.

That good or bad?

Thanks for your help.
It’s either one of these. Or a R1200R Sport. Or nothing.

Try Devitts Nick.

Its worth it i am sure a SA will put a smile on your face.

My renewal went up £200 with Principle and that's with 19 yrs NCB and ditching the superduke SE ! came in @ £790 :eek:
I went to CN (with last year) and they were £500 but would drop £100 if I signed up there and then, told them to ring me that night, they didn't.
Anyway did all the phoning and got it with Bikesure £380, Cornmarket is another good one Nick

Try eBike, Nick. They came in with a much better price, and you can add all the accessories you want, on their website, without having to speak to a chimp on the phone.:thumb

A lot depends where you live, I have an 1190 plus an old V-Strom I use for errands and pay about £350 including European breakdown cover, have been paying around the same for a number of years on a variety of bikes.

I even asked about leaving the commuter outside the house where I used to live as it could be a PITA getting it out in the morning and the cost was the same, some folk have to promise to lock it in a garage with an alarm, U-Lock and special forces security detail and still end up with a huge quote....

...might be cheaper to move house for some.

Try eBike, Nick. They came in with a much better price, and you can add all the accessories you want, on their website, without having to speak to a chimp on the phone.:thumb

Didn't realise Ebike were up and running ok again?

I had to fork out £171 this year !!!! But that's a Rider Policy so can have as many bikes as I like and don't even have to tell them when I change...

I was with them for years and it was brill, then they started charging to change bikes, them my premium shot up and they (when you can get hold of someone on the phone) could not explain why other than "its all changed" and "we are not an insurance company anymore , just a broker" all very odd . great while it lasted though saved me a fortune changing bikes , never paid more than £280 pa ZZR1400's , 1198's and all madder of bikes up to 6. Having said that I would not have wanted to "test" them in the event of :eek: just ask BHT :augie

I just chuck my details into confused.com and take the top one. Always then have a little poke around elsewhere to see if I can get anything more competitive but nothing has ever come up. Staggering the differences in premiums across the market, just depends on what demographic each provider is targeting at that time.

I was with them for years and it was brill, (when you can get hold of someone on the phone) :augie

Yep I too had several years with em and agree totally they were shite at answer the phone.

I ran a renewal though wicked quotes last week for 2 bikes AT and GT on one policy and whilst principle my existing insure wanted £670 wicked was £353 with all the same benefits.

https://www.wickedquotes.co.uk

Yep I too had several years with em and agree totally they were shite at answer the phone.

I ran a renewal though wicked quotes last week for 2 bikes AT and GT on one policy and whilst principle my existing insure wanted £670 wicked was £353 with all the same benefits.

https://www.wickedquotes.co.uk

Best of three I have tried.....£321. That’s £200 less than Carole Nash.

I had to fork out £171 this year !!!! But that's a Rider Policy so can have as many bikes as I like and don't even have to tell them when I change...

What's this policy then Arsey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try cornmarket. I insured my 1190r for £160 full comp clean lisence and bike in brick garage.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

£317 FC with Bennetts with fringe benefits. 57 clean licence 7 yr no claims, brick garage, rural Glos.

I look at those confused.com type quotes, and the Excess is outrageous.

Back
Top Bottom