Thread: Good Hotel near Ly Puy en Velay

Good Hotel near Ly Puy en Velay

Last week I enjoyed a good night stop at the Hotel Alize witch is situated at the Aerodrome de Loudes on the D906 west of Le Puy en Velay in the southern Auvergne France.
    Rooms are simple and clean and the double bed comfortable. I had a room overlooking the Airport Control Tower but aircraft noise is not a problem as there is only a couple of flights a day to Paris.
    A four course evening meal at only 14 euro is excellent value as is the double room rate of 45 euro. Breakfast is extra at 8 euro.
    The roads around the area are very good and the N102 leading to Aubenas following the Ardeche river is a belter.
    Recommended.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Cheers, i will be over that way in march, stayed in le puy last time,
    Roamer

this one: https://goo.gl/maps/HrhHYefMJG12

Looks utilitarian. I agree about the N102 and the rest of the roads in the Ardeche National Park.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
    Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    this one: https://goo.gl/maps/HrhHYefMJG12

Looks utilitarian. I agree about the N102 and the rest of the roads in the Ardeche National Park.
    If you turn to the right in this street view there’s a big square green building, my wife works there

I used to fly micro lights on this airfield and my shooting stand is in a quarry about 5km away

Looks utilitarian.
    That's one word for it, certainly.

We were there (le puy en velay) on Tuesday but stayed in the Ibis Budget - really can't recommend it but suits us for an overnight, close to some restaurants and the only garage parking on the trip where we were happy to leave our helmets and jackets on the bike overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasF View Post
    We were there (le puy en velay) on Tuesday but stayed in the Ibis Budget - really can't recommend it but suits us for an overnight, close to some restaurants and the only garage parking on the trip where we were happy to leave our helmets and jackets on the bike overnight.
    That sounds awfully like a recommendation for a one night stay, the hotel being close enough to restaurants and enjoying secure parking.

The building itself is a bit eastern bloc. The room was dated, dark and uninspiring - if someone else had gone there on the basis of my ‘recommendation’ they may question my taste.

I can, however, heartily recommend the Hotel California (sea view room) in Le Lavandou despite the naff name and open air parking.

Aha, all is now clear. OK enough for a one night stay as it offers secure parking and is reasonably close to restaurants, let down by its architectural style and dated condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    let down by its architectural style and dated condition.
    most on here can empathise with that
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

most on here can empathise with that
    Amen, brother.