The new Mersey Gateway Bridge opens on Friday

I’ve not looked to see who qualifies for free crossings but from what a lot of guys I work with were saying they expected (or maybe hoped) for the cheap rates to be set according to a radius with Wigan qualifying. I only use it once a week in the summer and I’ll claim it back so it won’t hurt me but for anyone crossing both ways 5 days of the week and for businesses it’s going to make a difference.

As for the power station, I really don’t know what’s happening. Basically they’ve got the potential to stay generating for another 6 years but that depends on them getting the right amount of money. The argument last year saw SSE say they’d pull the plug and pay the penalties because it worked out cheaper than generating at a loss for the next 3 years but both sides shifted and life goes on. I’ll probably know by January if it’s got at least another year and if so what the specs are for the outages but it really is a year by year thing now until they finally close it.

If you live within Halton, you pay £10 per year for a pass. You can only register one car per household for free travel over the bridge.

They need proof such as a V5 and utility bill - I believe.

I work in Widnes but live near to Frodsham so I've registered my car at £1.80 per crossing. Bikes are of course free.

I have two staff who travel over the bridge each day so will be paying their tolls.

I recon most people will divert through Warrington causing more chaos and misery for the worlds worst road planning department.

I agree, Bridgefoot Island is a mess at the moment and the traffic is tedious, I live in Sankey and go round the M6 / M62 to get home as at certain times of day Bridgefoot is gridlocked, this isn't going to make things any better.

Maybe we should have had the EU fund it.

We just rode over billions of Euro's worth of similarly extravagent bridges in Spain, hundreds of them... all without tolls and built without waking the sleepy local Spanish taxpayers.....

Who are the mugs ?:blast

I agree, Bridgefoot Island is a mess at the moment and the traffic is tedious, I live in Sankey and go round the M6 / M62 to get home as at certain times of day Bridgefoot is gridlocked, this isn't going to make things any better.

I can fire a stone from a catapult from my garden and hit your house.:D ....
I was coming back from llandegla yesteday at around 5pm the M56 was flying, decided to get off and go over the old runcorn bridge, but got diverted and confused as I was following signs for warrington which brought me back out at Daresbury lights..I should of followed the signs for widnes.

So I ended up coming down Chester Road and onto bridge foot, it took me the same time to clear chester road as it did to get from llandegla to the runcorn turn off 25 miles v 5miles. Absolute madness.

I'm equi distant from Liverpool and Manchester airports,usually use Liverpool because its easier.im sorry to say its going to be easier for me now to stay on the m56 for a bit longer.liverpools loss,manchesters gain. do you think the powers that be have thought of these things.

I actually rode across it today on my bike going from north wales up to southport.very easy and very quick.perhaps I was a bit harsh,in my previous comment.

I'm equi distant from Liverpool and Manchester airports,usually use Liverpool because its easier.im sorry to say its going to be easier for me now to stay on the m56 for a bit longer.liverpools loss,manchesters gain. do you think the powers that be have thought of these things.

I actually rode across it today on my bike going from north wales up to southport.very easy and very quick.perhaps I was a bit harsh,in my previous comment.

Anyone travel through Warrington via Bridgefoot this morning/evening?

Rode over it today in the high winds, and the wind deflectors on the bridge DID actually work really well. Couldn't feel anything, until I reached the Widnes side, then got knocked about a bit. (But then that's Widnes for you!!)

Anyone travel through Warrington via Bridgefoot this morning/evening?

I did this morning, it was fairly busy at 7am as I was heading to work in Nottingham. In fact it was queuing from lever brothers down to bridgefoot.

It’s getting busier that’s for sure.

I've complained about it.

I left home late from Frodsham area, travelled over the bridge without any queues or delays and arrived at work early.

WTF?

Queensferry, Severn and Dartford are all tolled for cars and HGVs, but free for m'bikes. As are the Mersey Tunnels

Quennsferry Crossing is toll free for all Paul, last toll bridges in Scotland were the Tay and the Forth Road Bridge which also went toll free in 2008.

JimmyMac

I did this morning, it was fairly busy at 7am as I was heading to work in Nottingham. In fact it was queuing from lever brothers down to bridgefoot.

It’s getting busier that’s for sure.

I agree, it will get busier in time when commuters discover Bridgefoot as an alternative crossing.
Better to go M62 to the M6 in future if that's not far off your route.

crap at billing though

The feckers are way behind on charging
done 2 return trips in the car
Saturday & Today
so far only been billed for this mornings crossing
canvassing the guys in work they confirm the same.
Conversation with the Miseryflow call centre revealed it could be another 48 hours before journeys on Saturday and Sunday are billed to accounts. I’ll bet they are on top of penalty charges !!!!

on a positive side riding across in the wind yesterday was fine, the screens provided great protection from the cross winds

Back
Top Bottom