1100 Gear shifter and front master cylinder repair

dunnie

Reaction score
Time to deal with some more issues before organising anymore continental excursions {last time we rode back to England with no clutch from Paris}.
So two issues that need addressing, firstly my gear shifter seems to have an excessive amount of play, it works perfectly but the shifter has alot of free movement on the locating shaft. Does anyone know if I can replace a bush or washer or do I need to source a new shifter? Ive not had the time to strip it yet so cant say that I have identified what might be well worn, if anything at all.
Secondly my front master cylinder has given up the ghost and all the fluid has leaked from the mater cylinder. I have found there is a youtube video where someone has replaced this but is it worth doing or should I source another master cyclinder from elsewhere. The repair kits are about £50 which isn't too bad if a permanent repair is achieveable.

Any advice would be greatly received, kindest regards,

Dunnie :thumby::tarka

there is a pivot bush for the shifter but don’t know how much they wear. they’re pretty meaty. mine has some waggle but doesn’t affect shifting.

i bought and used the MC repair kit and all was well for about 6 months. In the heat of italy in june though it started to weep again and is still doing so, albeit very slowly. i suppose it depends on the condition of the bore, mine was obviously too worn, or i didn’t do a good enough job of sanding. replacement master cylinders are few and far between on ebay, and motorworks want a fair chunk of change for a used one!

Back
Top Bottom