OBD2 Adapter information

Popell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have one and tbh the round connector part is a poor fit to the bm plug but it does go in with some careful jiggling

not sure it will fit a 2004 though?

I have one , I use it to connect the BMW 10 pin to the OBD2 plug on my Innovate LM2 dual channel data logger, it works a treat.
All BMW 10 pin diagnostic plugs are the same on the hexhead`s.

Ive got torque, so for £9 quid ill let you know what it will do. watch this space. ive got 2012 twin cam.

Thanks for the replies chaps, probably worth a punt.

Just got news that my AF-XIEDs have cleared customs, should be with me in a day or two.......yippee!

It's a sad state of affairs when ownership of an awesome steed that is a GS, is not sufficient to allow deft avoidance of bureaucratic trivialities such as VAT.

I feel robbed

Well ive tried one of these adaptors via torque pro and the lead on page 1 and stone me it seems to work on a 1200 TC GSA 2012. initial results are promising. The bikes in the garage atttached to the house, so couldnt run it for long.ill get a better idea when i can get the bike outside. I scanned it , it reported no faults and gave me vacuum,rpm and throttle position and air temp.so a scanner i have for a reasonable 12 quid plus a decent android smartphone. Thanks for the heads up on the lead. cushty.

I doubt it. youd need a 300 quid gs911 for that.Ill check that out though when i fish the bike out.

cheers,it would be good if it did but..if we need the GS911 i reckon i'll live with the warning,I come from the a time before neutral lights,gear counters etc

As far as I am aware the hexhead is Keyword protocol 2000. ISO protocol 9141/2.
This is K line only.
You should be able to monitor real time data with a generic OBD2 code reader but not reset service reminders etc.
The GS911 is a purpose built tool with a good range of functions hence the price, I would not leave home without mine..

Back
Top Bottom