"non-breakable" indicators

Cyclistbruce

Reaction score
Having gently places my GS on the ground on a couple of occasions whilst trail riding I've twice snapped the indicator stem. Any recommendations for smaller or folding indicators?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Not sure that they are unbreakable ....

Certainly more flexible than ones presently fitted. Come complete with a ball and a hinge joint too (excluding wrist) for extra flexibility.

Some of the after market LED ones you see on sports Bikes are smaller (so simply dont stick out as much) and more robust / but may need something to stop them flashing too fast and it could be hit or miss finding a solution.
Good Luck.

EDIT:
mind you ~ arm signals have a far greater range of "indications" one can give :augie
Not all even need the use of the entire arm - often a single digit can express quite a lot. :green gri

I've noticed that most of the folk I've been out trail riding with seem to prefer the arm method as no-one has indicators fitted. There's been a few instances though when this has caused problems with myopic, unaware car drivers who are too reliant on being shown a flashy orange thing.

For example we were coming to a mini-roundabout and were turning right (try giving an arm signal during that one) so the guy leading stuck his leg out. Car driver approaching didn't understand this and pulled out right across him. Another time I've wanted an indicator is when entering a trail on the right from a rural main road. Again arm signal can be difficult (if you're using front brake) and cars close you down quickly from behind as they haven't realised you're turning.

I did try fitting some LED indicators to the WR but the left rear is very vulnerable and broke off every time I dropped the bike on that side (which is frequently) :D

Like the OP, if there was a good flexible, tough indicators available I'd give them a go!

That's because the leg manoeuvre is not in the Highway code and just because a driver signals it does not give them an automatic right to make the manoeuvre

a4fde89114a59438efad15445e3bd0d4.png

If you do want indicators you might be better off looking at the third party offerings with surface mountings options.

0178f5a3492f94ea6d4ee92a30badb8e.png

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-P...lgo_pvid=e2510f13-93d2-4989-9065-8abe98aac661

That's because the leg manoeuvre is not in the Highway code and just because a driver signals it does not give them an automatic right to make the manoeuvre
If you do want indicators you might be better off looking at the third party offerings with surface mountings options.

Indeed it's not an approved signal, but to be fair to him he did indicate with his arm prior to the roundabout, it's just virtually impossible to continue that signal onto a roundabout on a motorbike!

Surface mounting look like the only realistic option for those folk who feel they should have indicators!

THe usual standard is to either remove all indicators and go with it, or fit flexible rubber mounted indicators if you feel you need them - google is our friend for the flexible ones.

Be aware tho that you might have to make up a bracket or two if you are straying away from OEM - dont do what I did in my younger years and fabricate bit tough F**k off mounts as these can transfer any inpact into the bodywork/frame etc and you then end up with unbroken indicators, but very broken bits of bike where the indicators mount, which is usually much worse.....

You can get flush-fit indicators for front and back - lots of people used them in my trail riding days. An online search should yield some results.

Back
Top Bottom