It has been a while

tanneman

Incomplete Arse
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
since I have shown any interest in the BMW price increases but you got to be ripping the arse out of this one, £17500 for a 2018 GSA :eek: I guess this will be the TE. I think my current machine is good for another few years. Manufacturers are pricing this section of the market out of reach for many, like SUVs in the car market.

I just bought a brand new Africa Twin DCT for £9,000

That's not a GSA Triple Black but it's bloody good value in my opinion.

Warlord, the AT is great to ride, but isnt it odd to own two similar bikes?

I'd have thought you'd pair a GSA with a sports bike or maybe an Enduro KTM/Husky ... what on earth is he point of a garage with a similar GSA and AT ?

I've had all that lot before.

BMW R1200GSA = My on-road touring set up bike

Africa Twin = My off-road touring set up bike

Both are set up specifically for what I want to do. In the event one of them is out of service for some reason, I've got a backup.

There are way too many compromises to be made between on-road bias vs off-road bias (putting weight aside). Like handle bar position, tyres, mudguards, worrying about wrecking or scratching the machine (or not), self-recovery kit focused, electronic complexity of machine, etc

I don't mind wrecking a £9k bike in the pursuit of fun, but I'm not slinging a fully set up £20k 2017 GSA down the side of a cliff. Insurance or not, No thanks.

Love my GSA for on-road, but I'm not taking that off-road.... and I don't want a dirt bike because that's not the type of bike for what I want to do.

So I'm all good here with those two.

since I have shown any interest in the BMW price increases but you got to be ripping the arse out of this one, £17500 for a 2018 GSA :eek: I guess this will be the TE. I think my current machine is good for another few years. Manufacturers are pricing this section of the market out of reach for many, like SUVs in the car market.

Have to agree, plus I found the PX value of my previous GS wasn't nearly as good:blast

Manufacturers are pricing this section of the market out of reach for many, like SUVs in the car market.

Natural selection. Prospective buyers will no longer have to mingle with the impoverished as they wander around the floor to ceiling glass showroom with their complimentary skinny latte frappuccino with iced brown sugar.

Although to be "fair", I believe £17500 is the same as the 2017 list price is it not?

I just bought a brand new Africa Twin DCT for £9,000

That's not a GSA Triple Black but it's bloody good value in my opinion.

Yes and i am jealous I pondered and deliberated. A fantastic bargain. So much so If a similar deal comes up again my GS will go and and AT with DCT it is.

£18K for a bike is a lot of money for me when I only ride 5k miles a year.

Although to be "fair", I believe £17500 is the same as the 2017 list price is it not?

When I bought mine it was just over 15k for a TE spec GSA in 2015. 2k in 2 year increase is like 7% per year. Yikes. The list price for a 2017 GSA is just over 17k according to BMW Motorrad. That is without satnav, panniers and bags. Add another 1k to the price for it plus mudsling, fender extender and hilltop remap. Most likely you will spend 19k on it.

You can buy a premium SUV or a cheaper SUV. A velar will cost you quite a few quid. A Hyundai or Kia will not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know BMW class the Adventure as a different vehicle to the standard GS, but look how many Honda's were bought last month.

This has got to be hurting

Attachments

• mcia reg.PNG
    mcia reg.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 532
I've only ever bought one brand new 2016 GS but it was made very clear to me by everyone I spoke to beforehand that only someone who doesn't haggle/can't be bothered haggling pays the full retail price. Even the salesman didn't even try and pretend that what was on the ticket was the price. ;)

I know BMW class the Adventure as a different vehicle to the standard GS, but look how many Honda's were bought last month.

This has got to be hurting

A figure I suspect was skewed somewhat by the cracking PCP deal offered in September on the AT. Be interesting to see some previous months figures alongside.

Fuck it, ZZR1400 next. Last of the old school hyperbikes.

These are very fast bikes.... 0 - 180mph in 15 seconds.

Bloody speedo goes round as fast as the rev counter haha

Back
Top Bottom