Mirror problem solved.

patzx12

Reaction score
Phew ----
Now i am more relaxed riding with decent rear view.
I found the standard mirrors useless. Fitted handle bar mirrors before this weekend away run.
I used Ninja 300 mirrors with the mounting lug removed.
Why Ninja mirrors? because we have a 2013 Ninja and a spare pair of mirrors.
I went into the workshop and knocked up handlebar clamps and posts.
Works perfect and do not clout the screen on full lock.
Pattern mirrors are ridiculously cheap on Ebay. Decent quality not as good as genuine Kawasaki but good enough.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replaceme...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Attachments

• 20171013_165801.jpg
    20171013_165801.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 530
Nice job.
Getting only a good view of yer elbows is a pet hate of mine and i've had so many :rolleyes: different mirrors on the Guzzi and never found the right cure for it. :banghead:
It's finding the right replacements that's the thing! - this info should benefit many RT owners. :clap

I had some wunderlich mirrors on my RT with the GS brackets,(BMW part 32 72 8 532 971 or 32 72 8 534 36 if you have BMW driving lights with extra switch ) but after raising the bars with Helibars, the mirrors kept catching on the screen at full lock (when down of course), this meant I could not use steering lock.

Took them off and now bars are higher no sign of my elbows in the mirrors, and I’m quite liking the standard mirrors again.

I’ve always had GS style mirrors on my RTs (had five now) currently on a 2017 and am going to leave extra mirrors off for now.

Agree that the standard mirrors don’t work for all, and a great job by OP.

I can use the standard mirrors but they are out of my eye line. I have to look to the side and down, this is too long with my eyes off the road when making a manoeuvre.

I have small round blind spot mirrors fitted onto the edge of my standard ones and they do the trick. They are quite inexpensive.

The other benefit is being able to use muffs

I have small round blind spot mirrors fitted onto the edge of my standard ones and they do the trick. They are quite inexpensive.

Same here, and I have no issues with the mirrors. Might be more of an issue for taller riders, I'm only 5ft 8 :)

I never had a problem with the RT mirrors, couldn't see anything but my elbows with every Jap bike I ever owned

Back
Top Bottom