FXDX anyone ?

Thanks Rob, I would like one as original as possible. A cracking one popped up on Evelbay last week but sold within a few hours :(

I had an FXDX, I looked for months to get a good one. I bought it from a guy down on Hayling Island and rode it back to Swansea in the freezing cold, torrential rain! I loved the way it went and I loved the way it handled, but the seating position was torture! It had mids and stock bars with a little headlight fairing. At anything over 60mph it was pretty much unrideable due to me acting like a giant sail. I sold it after just 6 months, but I still hanker after another one...........!

There was one for sale near Gigantor when I was looking; might still be there.

I had an FXDX, I looked for months to get a good one. I bought it from a guy down on Hayling Island and rode it back to Swansea in the freezing cold, torrential rain! I loved the way it went and I loved the way it handled, but the seating position was torture! It had mids and stock bars with a little headlight fairing. At anything over 60mph it was pretty much unrideable due to me acting like a giant sail. I sold it after just 6 months, but I still hanker after another one...........!

I had the same issue with the mids. Agony after a few minutes. Fitting forwards transformed the bike for me. Still have the standard bars and a small fairing.

I bought one new in 1999 and kept it for six years. It had a cam bearing/chain problem that was fixed under warranty, but I converted it to an S+S gear drive. Also put high compression heads and 1550 conversion on with big bore carb (can't remember make and size), screamin' eagle pipes (loud buggers that set off car alarms) upgraded ignition system, Billet four pot brakes, Koni shocks and progressive fork springs with a fork brace, finished off with some lovely billet alloy wheels. On the dyno it was putting out over 100bhp and 100lbft, it went like the clappers (for a Harley :D)
I ended up swapping it for an Aprillia Tuono Factory, sorry I did :(

Back
Top Bottom