Shark Evoline 3

pitrat101

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys, has anyone had any trouble with the sun visor not retracting fully on the this model or the Evoline 1, as they both share same sun visor system. Basically it will not go up all the way. When the button is pulled back it stops dead at about 20mm from end of slide leaving sun visor down by 20mm. Says on Shark website the mechanism can be changed by owner. just wondered how it was done!

Cheers

Steve

I have a Shark Hakka. The sun visor moves fine but the little slider knob got knocked off and I can’t see any way to repair it.

The helmet systems can be dismantled by carefully prising out the covers on the chin guard with evoline 3 printed on them
to reveal the Allen screw to take it off which is quite straight forward to do. After that remove the torx screw in the SHARK
plate and then you can get to the mechanism underneath the plate. I have had my helmet apart a couple of times to
tighten screws, change the dark visor and generally clean and lubricate it. To remove the dark visor you need to push the little tit
thing in at the top of the visor to unclip it; this will enable it to be removed.
Exactly how you get at the dark visor mechanism i can't quite remember, strangely :) but, it will be quite obvious to you when you
get going i'm sure. I think you may need to remove all the liners. If you remove the neck draught excluder be VERY CAREFUL with it
as the tensioner that runs inside it to keep it in is a plastic rod and if you are rough with it, it will break, then you have bother, DAMHIK :blast

I yes I had fun with that wire tensioner when I washed the lining. No visible damage but a nighmare to refit properly.

I yes I had fun with that wire tensioner when I washed the lining. No visible damage but a nighmare to refit properly.

As i said, it's plastic, at least it is on my helmets (i have, including the wife's, 3 of them) and i broke one when removing it
resulting in no longer having any tension to hold the excluder in. I eventually hit on the idea of using 3 suitable lengths of sixteenth
brass brazing rod twisted together and fed into the channel that the plastic rod inhabited. It worked a treat and still is working :thumb2

As i said, it's plastic, at least it is on my helmets (i have, including the wife's, 3 of them) and i broke one when removing it
resulting in no longer having any tension to hold the excluder in. I eventually hit on the idea of using 3 suitable lengths of sixteenth
brass brazing rod twisted together and fed into the channel that the plastic rod inhabited. It worked a treat and still is working :thumb2

Nice idea. My stiffening strip is OK in the helmet lining but the plastic cover does not really hold it in very well. Wire instead of plastic is probably a better option.

Thanks for reply's, had the sun visor out and the mechanisms works fine. When the sun visor goes back in it look like something has dropped inside. tried a little jiggle with a ruler to no avail. I made some enquires to where I bought it from and because its under 3 yrs old they going to send it back for repair under warranty. Result for me, they will do it better as they do it every day!

Thanks for reply's, had the sun visor out and the mechanisms works fine. When the sun visor goes back in it look like something has dropped inside. tried a little jiggle with a ruler to no avail. I made some enquires to where I bought it from and because its under 3 yrs old they going to send it back for repair under warranty. Result for me, they will do it better as they do it every day!

Top result :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom